• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
Hi,

Is there anyone here who lived/grew up in the 80's in Birmingham and can remember this location?

The house, the fence around it, the flower bed and tree may no longer exist as the photo was taken several decades ago.

If anyone knows where the exact location is, I'd appreciate it.

View attachment 172069
Welcome, Reese. Any idea of the rough area or possible areas? Birmingham was a big place even then. Derek

Welcome, Reese. Any idea of the rough area or possible areas? Birmingham was a big place even then. Derek
Hi Derek,

It could anywhere in Edgbaston, Moseley, Balsall Heath. I've been told Canon Hill Park but couldn't find anything resembling the building.

Some of the houses in the Cannon Hill Park area are big. This might be round the side or back judging from the appearance of the windows which look small and old-fashioned. Ancestry has a free trial, so if you know the name, you might track them down that way. Electoral Rolls are held in Birmingham Library. If you have been told Cannon Hill then I'd focus there. Good luck!

Some of the houses in the Cannon Hill Park area are big. This might be round the side or back judging from the appearance of the windows which look small and old-fashioned. Ancestry has a free trial, so if you know the name, you might track them down that way. Electoral Rolls are held in Birmingham Library. If you have been told Cannon Hill then I'd focus there. Good luck!
Unfortunately this is a random house/building where the photo was taken and not the house he lived in. Otherwise it would've been a lot easier to track the person to the house instead of the other way round.

I suspect then Reese that if you know a full name and Cannon Hill or any other address in South Birmingham this would be easier than trying to locate the house in the picture. The Salvation Army may help to find a lost family member. Ancestry doesn't give details of living people. Hope this is useful. Derek

Back