• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

32 villa st

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi mike..when time permits could you please pinpoint where 32 villa street was please...i believe it was near the doctors surgery on the corner of villa and farm st...

many thanks mike..

lyn..

Yes Lyn , it was next to the doctors on the corner, as shown in map. alice harrington was there in 1950-55. On line electoral rolls don't go beyond 1955
Mike

map_c_1889_villa_st_no_32.jpg

brillient mike thanks so much...villa st holds such a lot of family history...alice harrington was my gt grandmother..formally froggatt and i have the froggatts also in villa st in 1860..our dad was raised at 51 villa st and i was raised from 5 years of age at 118...seems the family liked this street lol..oh and i also attended farm st school which was opposite the house alice lived in..

thanks again mike..i do appreciate it...

lyn

Lyn I went to Harry Lucas School with Barbara Weekes who just lived a couple of doors up from the Doctors. This would be late 50s. Carol

hi carolina...well as my gt grandmother was at no 32 until at least 1955 (i think she was there longer) the chances are that barbara and her family would have known her...did you keep in touch with barbara...

lyn

Lynn, unfortunately I didnt keep in touch with Barbara, she isnt even on Friends Reunited under Harry Lucas either. All these promises we make when we leave school or work to keep in touch with each other, mostly never come to anything. I suppose our lives take on new beginnings elsewhere.

Back