• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

30 St Pauls Square

joelgabbay

Hello everybody
Can anyone remember the name of a fairly large factory situated on the corner of St Pauls Square and Caroline Street, the main office entrance was at 30 St Pauls Square. I seem to remember they manufactured bolts - maybe Allen bolts. I worked there in the late 1970’s for Post Office Telephones helping to install their new telephone exchange. I cannot for the life of me remember the name.

Thank you in advance

In the 1973 Kellys no 30 St Paul's square was William Smith (Birmingham) Ltd, electroplaters. The 1978 and 1980 telephone directories show them at that same address

Thank you! Yes the factory occupied most of the block between Caroline Street & Livery Street. They also had offices next to Henry’s Chinese restaurant on St Paul’s Square

Back