• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

295, Charles road, Aston

Sylvia I knew quite a few people from that road but have no photo's of it. Sorry Johanna. I didn't realise there were that many houses in the road. I think Village road ran parallel to Yew tree road if my memory serves me right?. Jean.

Jean, I remember Charles Road as a fairly short street, maybe it was another Charles Road which ran off 576 Coventry Road to 191 Bordesley Green.
I believe that district came under Aston before 1911. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Sylvia I knew quite a few people from that road but have no photo's of it. Sorry Johanna. I didn't realise there were that many houses in the road. I think Village road ran parallel to Yew tree road if my memory serves me right?. Jean.
Thank you both for your replies, I will try to search on! Your info will be helpful

Sylvia I came to the same conclusion as yourself and didn't realise that there was another Charles road either. That one came to mind immediately then I took a look at the number required and thought I had made a mistake. Jean.

I lived in the Charles Road in Small Heath and the house numbers went to 477 Bordesley Green end it was a long road and I would not think it came under Aston Bernie

Thanks Bernie. I was hoping it was our little Charles road and there may be people I remember'd from there. Good luck with your search Johanna. Jean.

Sorry to disappoint you Bernie but Small Heath did come under Aston, as did Bordesley. This was prior to 1911/12, when Aston became Birmingham.

Shortie

Oh, I see, Bernie you are a true Blue then? My grandson who is eight and a true Blue supporter does not want to go to Aston Hall because it is near to the Villa Ground, but when the school took him on a trip around the dressing rooms and onto the pitch he enjoyed that. I can't work that one out!

shortie

Back