• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

27120 Pte H Braybrook - Royal Warwickshire Regiment 1917

B

Braybrook

Hi all,
I' trying to discover where my grandfather service history.
He had his leg amputated as a kid I struggeled with the word "Grandad" so I always called him "Ladders"
I do know some things
2nd Royal Warkshire Regiment (TBC) but Deff RWR
22nd Bde, 7 Div
Wounded in Action between Oct / Nov 1917
GSW Left Thigh.
Can anyone help fill in the detail of where and when he was servig in Oct/Nov & wounded??
Thanks
JB
PS: My Avatar is "Ladders"

Opps..........Harold
Sorry
I have his Medal Card, and pictures have been added in my profile!!
JB

JB - I can't see the medal card in you Album - but I attach one that matches. Note he served with two Regmts which is not unusual. I can't see his Service/Pension records but many records did not make it...

Name: Harold Braybrook
Regiment or Corps: Lincolnshire Regiment, Royal Warwickshire Regiment
Regimental Number: 4965, 27120

Many Thanks Aide & Mrs T!!
Hopefully more will surface................
JB

Just received this on "The Long Long Trail" can anyone confirm this please!!
I'm getting a warm fuzzy feeling!!

JB
The 2nd Battalion was indeed in a costly action near Judge Copse (east of Reutel in the Ypres salient) on 8-9 October 1917. They lost 6 officers and 63 men dead; 7 and 230 wounded; and 84 men were unaccounted for. One result of this was they they did not take part in the 7th Division's final action on the Western Front, an attack near Gheluvelt on 26 October. There must be a chance that he was hit in the Judge Copse attack.

Regards
JB

A chance only....daily 2nd Bn deaths October 1917 using CWGC...
1st - 8
3rd - 1
4th - 2
5th - 1
6th - 2
7th - 2
8th - 4
9th - 80 (Judge Copse - LLT was probably using War Diary figures)
10th - 6
11th - 4
12th - 1
14th - 1
15th - 2
19th - 1
20th -1
21st - 2
26th - 3
27th - 2
28th - 3

Bn left for Italy on November 18th

If you send me an e-mail to alantucker@blueyonder.co.uk I will sendf you the Oct/Nov war diaries.

Back