• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

24 Lower Loveday Street

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi mike ive got a rellie living at 24 lower loveday 1901..dont surpose the building is still there but could i have map please showing where it was...have a feeling it was a hostel of some sorts..

thanks mike...

lyn

Re: 24 lower loveday st

Having checked a number of directory's that number does not appear in them, but and there is always a but in the 1888 directory there is for 24 lower Loveday St

24 Jones & Askin bras founders, Argyle Rooms

thank you horsencart..i wonder what the argyle rooms were...sounds interesting i will try and research this tomorrow..
thanks again..

lyn

Whatever it was it would not have been very big? the rest of the street appears to have been involved with the fun trade number 24 was between Cliveland St and Summer Lane

Lyn
I've answered this question for someone before so that is easy. Map for c1889 is below

lower_loveday_st__no_24__map_c_1889.jpg

Back