• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

1933 slum clearance maps

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi all...i thought these may be interesting to post...they are the 1933 slum clearance maps of pope st....florence st..and camden st/arthur place all in hockley...

astoness...

pope st....

hi charlie.. i forgot to put thats the maps are courtesy of carl chinn birm lives.....so i would imagine that you can obtain copies from the achives at the central library..failing that you can always copy them to your computer and if you have a printer just print them off....

astoness....:):):)

I have one of my relations living in Camden Street in 1851 but the other side of the road at number 32. Edward Richard Mytton.:shocked:

good evening all
my dads family seemed to have lived in high park street nechells would there be any photos available of the area prior to 1941 when there was a bombing raid in the area and newtons was bombed , various members of my family worked there over the years including myself once in the toolroom and later as a mechanic at their garage in thimble mill lane
grateful for any input.
phil

havent come accross any maps for tower road aston...if any exist they may be at the central library....

lyn:)

Back