• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

114 Booth Street, Handsworth

annieshake

knowlegable brummie
Hi guys.

Has anybody got any photos of Booth Street, Handsworth? My old folks lived at 114 during the 30s, 40s and 50s. I'd love to see a photo of what the houses were like ..... Thanks

Hi guys.
Has anybody got any photos of Booth Street, Handsworth? My old folks lived at 114 during the 30s, 40s and 50s. I'd love to see a photo of what the houses were like ..... Thanks
Hi, there do not seem to be any 'street level' photos of Booth Street but there is this 1926 aerial photo of the area. Booth St runs left to right across the pic with William St showing at the top and Watt St on the lower right.

There is a map in an old forum post below which identifies house No 104
https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/for...links-with-arras-france-ww1.40514/post-466727
Using that map I think that the house you are looking for could be the left one of the three storey white house along from William St. I have placed a small green dot on the roof.

BoothSt_1926.jpg
A larger scale map with house numbers might be able to better identify the house.

Hi, there do not seem to be any 'street level' photos of Booth Street but there is this 1926 aerial photo of the area. Booth St runs left to right across the pic with William St showing at the top and Watt St on the lower right.

There is a map in an old forum post below which identifies house No 104
https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/for...links-with-arras-france-ww1.40514/post-466727
Using that map I think that the house you are looking for could be the left one of the three storey white house along from William St. I have placed a small green dot on the roof.

View attachment 147122
A larger scale map with house numbers might be able to better identify the house.
Thank you so much. Fantastic!

Back