• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

  1. A Sparks

    Handsworth

    Would that be St Mary's Church in the background?
  2. A Sparks

    Black Sabbath

    Black Sabbath in Town! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cwyq3x7qlp3o
  3. A Sparks

    Happy Birthday Cookie273 (Eric)

    Sending my very best wishes to you - happy birthday!! From Anne
  4. A Sparks

    Smethwick

    Webbs of Bearwood, Smethwick is closing down after trading since 1921 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cy4e4yn1g7ko
  5. A Sparks

    John Bright Street

    I used to work in John Bright Street in the 90s and don't remember it being there. Here is a closer picture I've found - I think it's a recent installation..
  6. A Sparks

    RIP Ozzy Osbourne

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cr4w2r5e5dlo
  7. A Sparks

    happy birthday izzy eckerslike

    Happy Birthday!!
  8. A Sparks

    Gas Street basin painting

    He sure does - I love his paintings!
  9. A Sparks

    Digbeth Coach Station.

    I just checked out the history of the building (interested as it's my surname too!!)... Spencer House in Birmingham (Digbeth Garage): Function: Served as the offices for Midland Red, a major bus company in the Midlands. Naming: Named in honor of Sir John Spencer Wills, chairman of Midland Red...
  10. A Sparks

    Farm near Aston Hall

    This is the only thing I can find that would refer to our Aston Hall man. . https://www.mediastorehouse.com/fine-art-finder/artists/edward-lamson-henry/farmyard-near-aston-hall-w-c-paper-22695884.html
  11. A Sparks

    Farm near Aston Hall

    Re the Joseph Wright who painted the picture of Aston Hall, I wondered about him too and looked to see if I could find some information but, as you say, the artist of the same name from Derby is the one that keeps coming up. I don't think it's the same person as the style of his painting was...
  12. A Sparks

    Opposite Lock Club

    I remember DJ Emperor Rosko very well (real name Mike Pasternak, son of the Hollywood film producer Joe) I liked the sort of music he played on the radio. I didn't know he made any records himself, I can't find the actual music sound but this is a photo of the disc...
  13. A Sparks

    Black Sabbath

    For those out-of-towners who want to follow the Black Sabbath trail ;) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/clyvk9293d3o
  14. A Sparks

    OLD AND NEW PHOTOGRAPHS

    I remember Kroy Refrigeration, I used to pass on the bus to Town, I thought that's where it was.
  15. A Sparks

    Double Zero Club

    Thanks all! There is some text with the photos, I tried to cut and paste it but I think the reception on my phone was not very strong (I don't have WiFi :laughing:) and I couldn't do it so I added my own brief note.
  16. A Sparks

    Double Zero Club

    Hope that's OK, I just put the last few on as thumbnails!
  17. A Sparks

    Double Zero Club

    These are all from February 1967.
  18. A Sparks

    Double Zero Club

    I found them through the name of the person who posted them! Sorry if I'm making a bit of a mess in copying, I'm sure there's a better and easier way, I'm doing it from my phone, I don't have a computer!
  19. A Sparks

    Double Zero Club

    Members packing First Aid kits for those running the emergency service help. February 1967 TBC
  20. A Sparks

    Double Zero Club

    Source of images - Nostalgic Prints and Wall Art.... The Rev Les Milner with club members. Working on the new bar. Ian Campbell Folk Group donating concert proceeds to club. Beauty Queen Angela Turner with 1907 Daimler in which she will ride to start the Double Zero 50 hour weekend. Tbc
Back
Top