• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

  1. warren

    Network Adapter

    for some unknown reason the network card died, ive sorted it now sorry for the downtime.
  2. warren

    Photos - Uploading

    rename the file to something like upload.png and try it again let me know if it works.
  3. warren

    Photos - Uploading

    the problem isn't with the forum, post an image on another forum one you cant post here give me the address of the posted image and ill download it and take a look. This is what error the forum gives if i try to upload a file that's too big, as for file types all the standard image types are...
  4. warren

    Photos - Uploading

    following file types can be uploaded with a maximum file size of 1mb txt pdf png jpg jpeg jpe gif as the embarrassed man said to the disapointed women, "well that's never happened to me before!" also post the image on any of the other more modern sites you frequent (for reference we run the...
  5. warren

    Photos - Uploading

    you shouldn't have to insert them once dropped just click post. (let me check) seemed to work for me. ah, yes if you want the image to show on the post then yes you have to insert them...
  6. warren

    Photos - Uploading

    What's the file type and what's the size?
  7. warren

    Watermark On Coppermine

    yes :) on coppermine anyway all images have been done, I'm not sure about the main forum way of attaching images it's possible I think but not something I have done yet..
  8. warren

    Watermark On Coppermine

    I have added (adding as we speak) the watermark to the coppermine gallery. I am currently updating all the images to add the watermark onto all existing ones.
  9. warren

    Forum Upgrade To New Version Of Xenforo

    just done an upgrade of xenforo, thanks to the solid state hard drive this took about a minute to accomplish. I would normally schedule them but there was a serious security flaw found in the previous version that i deemed too important to wait. anyway all done :)...
  10. warren

    HS2 Railway

    Playing devil's advocate I wonder what people thought during the industrial revolution when mining was destroying the landacape , railways popped up everywhere and steam engines roared through england. Without all that what would Birmingham look like? As for property getting knocked down out in...
  11. warren

    HS2 Railway

    I say take that 30billion and build us youngsters new affordable housing so we don't have to keep renting at stupid prices because we are forced out of the housing market due to insane deposit requirements.
  12. warren

    When Everyone Wore A Hat...

    It's in testing at the moment, it's been moved to the corner now
  13. warren

    Windows 10

    +1 gimp you can also use windows inbuilt screenshot tool snipping tool, it's also very good and quick!
  14. warren

    New Solid State Drive

    couldn't do a hot swap so I had to shut it all down and move it. This has now been completed and the Hyper V and Site are now on the solid state drive, boot up to Hyper V went from 10 minutes to <1 minute.
  15. warren

    New Solid State Drive

    disk has now arrived, I will "attempt" to hot install it to minimise the downtime (it's possible to move a hyper V while active) this will be done this evening.
  16. warren

    New Solid State Drive

    My laptop has a 128gb msata 2.0 solid state and 1tb normal HDD The msata works a bit like memory it's clipped into the main board.
  17. warren

    New Solid State Drive

    A lot now have, as prices plummet more and more are ditching them they are far superior
  18. warren

    New Solid State Drive

    As you may have noticed, the site is somewhat up and down at the moment, I "had" traced it to Hard drive issues which is why i moved it to a Virtual Server so the whole site is encased in one file that could be easily moved to a new Drive. I did do this however the drive it now sits on is...
  19. warren

    Reboot..just

    Yeah I was stress testing the drive, it only needs 30 seconds but it got half an hour.
  20. warren

    Reboot..just

    Done :) it was supposed to be running for 30 seconds but I heard the magic words food and all other thoughts left my mind
Back
Top