• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

  1. warren

    Membership & Usage Stats

    Probably or a blip in the stats recording
  2. warren

    Membership & Usage Stats

    Coppermine ones are there is nothing that can be done about that I can easily disable the search though I just never bothered (now done) There are roughly 10-20 registrations per day Posts change month by month
  3. warren

    new network card installed

    loved it thanks got extended by two days thanks to easy jet cancelling the flight back.
  4. warren

    new network card installed

    New NIC has now been installed this is a dual card meaning we now have 3 ports. two providing internet and one that joins them to provide site access. This should hopefully resolve the issues we have been having.
  5. warren

    Down time

    I've managed to reboot the server now so hopefully that will keep it going until I replace the NIC I've got a dual failover one coming
  6. warren

    Down time

    It's not the updates it's the nic card but can't do anything until I'm back sadly back early hours tomorrow.
  7. warren

    Down time

    Will take a look when I get back see what's happening
  8. warren

    Down time

    Glad it sorted itself out as I'm in Rhodes
  9. warren

    Down time

    Seems a Windows update blocked the server should be fine now
  10. warren

    Faster forum

    oddly i installed the cache but didnt activate it, after a little messing this morning (hence a couple of errors) it's now fully activated and cache is being pushed to the drive and im noticing much improved server load already.
  11. warren

    Faster forum

    I have just enabled a new Cache drive specially for the database if you notice an increase in speed can you please post on here and let me know :)
  12. warren

    New server next Saturday 13th

    Yeah all done was finished this morning did all the prep work over the week
  13. warren

    New Server now installed

    there may be a few ups and down today as i apply updates and reboot but ill keep it quick
  14. warren

    New Server now installed

    New server is now live I got up nice and early to minimise any loss and started the clone last night so it would be ready for today. Everything went well apart from the UPS (uninterruptible power supply) which blew when i plugged it back in causing a nice smell and a bit of a head ache. We are...
  15. warren

    New server next Saturday 13th

    The site will unavailable for a couple of hours or so next Saturday as I migrate the site to a new I7 server to replace our aging one. The main OS will be moved to an SSD as well which means all HDD's will be solid state. The new server will be much more eco friendly as well.
  16. warren

    Why not to rely on "The Cloud"

    our backup routine is this: once a day the entire database and all files are backed up to a HDD and there are 3 days worth at any one point, this is then auto copied to another HDD outside of the server and once a week one of the backups is sent to cloud storage off site. we also have a UPS...
  17. warren

    New Major version installed

    Check your profile in case your email address has dropped off
  18. warren

    New Major version installed

    confirmed the layout has not changed this is on your side try clearing your cache
  19. warren

    New Major version installed

    im not sure now, if you hover over like you get loads more options other than just like now.
Back
Top