• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

  1. C

    Aston hippodrome

    I have just watched the TV programme about Mountbatten and they said his wife Edwina had an affair with him for a long time.
  2. C

    Birmingham Christmas of the past

    I know when our postman has been, rubber bands on the drive!
  3. C

    Birmingham Christmas of the past

    I have already seen an advert for Valentine's day.
  4. C

    Google Lens

    This is what I now get on mylaptop. (Rocky Lane photo is an example)
  5. C

    Google Lens

    Its on my laptop not my phone
  6. C

    Google Lens

    From today I have noticed that if Im trying to find info on a photograph its coming up as Google Lens (instead of just Google). All it does is show comparisons of the original photo with no info. Has anyone else had this?
  7. C

    Irving, Washington Irving (Rip Van Winkle)

    I was in Peter Leather's course of Re-writing the History of Birmingham and my subject was The Argent Centre. In it I wrote 'In 1818 an American born business man named Henry Van Wart lived in a large house on Newhall Hill. It had a big garden with a drive entrance facing onto what is now known...
  8. C

    Irving, Washington Irving (Rip Van Winkle)

    Henry Van Warts house where Rip Van Winkle was wrote.
  9. C

    "Assayer" "Sweep and bullion"

    An assayer determines the proportions of metal in ore
  10. C

    School Discipline

    At my daughters school she rings round to the parents if children havent turned up after a couple of days
  11. C

    Finding addresses on the 1939 census

    My Aunt and Uncle were living at No 49 at that time
  12. C

    British Home Stores BHS

    I always went to their cafe on a Saturday when I went shopping with my mom
  13. C

    Weather: Winter snow 1967/68 or 1968/69

    1963 clearing the snow at the Blues Ground
  14. C

    Printer and printing problems

    Yes correct I print out address labels for Xmas cards. I could do it on my HP printer which I gave away (duh). Its on a Word document.
  15. C

    Printer and printing problems

    Yes I do
  16. C

    Printer and printing problems

    Epson XP-352 Printer have been given this printer (new) but I cannot get it to print address labels, any ideas to help to be able to print them? Thanks
  17. C

    Windows 10

    My Alexa is very polite. But there again I always say please and thank you to it
  18. C

    The Ridgeway, Erdington

    I had one Aunt and Uncle (Timmins) on The Ridgeway (photo above) and one Aunt and Uncle (Allen) in Ripley Grove.
  19. C

    Field family

    We lived next to Bill and Elsie Field in Ford Street in the 50s/60s
Back
Top