• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Barker and Allen

Hi Steve, I'd left B&A a couple of years before your time there, i see you mention Ron from the stores. I still remember the time he was telling me about when he painted his living room.
He had done it in Magnolia, but his wife thought it looked a bit plain. He added an ingredient that darkened it slightly and she was pleased with the result. Anyway, the next morning he came down and the whole room had a streak effect.
Ronnie had added gravy browning to the paint.

Has anyone got an updated view of the site? I think the derelict factory site looked better. That end block looks close to the Windmill, has it survived?

yes he was the Dad of Earl Falconer,the bass player. i spent a lot of time with the oil/greaser and its bugging me i cant remember his name, he was a really nice Irishman . i worked in the garage with Joe O`Leary for quite a while until he passed away overnight and then Trevor took over
My dad Steve Docker was friends with him and got lifts off him. When Earl put his mum in respite at out care home she remembered my dad and it felt so nice to think she knew him. He loved working at B&A. Now he’s retired.

Mick, apart from Errol and yourself, i recognise Kenny Barett fourth from left, and Mick O'Brian to Errol's left. Who were the rest?
So Left to right from memory
Steve Porter worked in sales
Dave O Neil sales
Errol
Kenny
Mick
Some fella from offices
Tommy northern Ireland fella who worked on machine back of boiler house along with Paddy Higgins
Posh kid from offices
My good self

Spike, Errol, or Benn might be able to fill in the gaps
Kenny was my uncle, I think the guy next to him could be my other uncle Kenny’s brother Tony. My dad also worked there, Steve Docker. It’s sad to think Kenny and Tony are both passed away now.

hi shardeen
happy new year to you
sorry but yes you are slightly mistaken that company you are thinking of was
wilmot and breedon
barker and allen wasd on dudley rd just up from spring hll
and there main entrance was facving weston rd and the pub just out side the works gate was the
BA PUB NAMELY THE BIRMINGHAM ARMS PUB
wilmotts and breedon was in camden st spring hill
My dad swapped a crate of carling for a parrot in the BA! He was drinking after work and came home with this vicious green parrot, horrible thing, and he had it up until about 2018 lol x

Back