• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Dance Halls

Let's get energetic ... What about the Second City Jazz Club down Digbeth way. Many a great night spent there. Great bands, good beer and a tremendous atmosphere shared by all because of a common love of Traditional Jazz. Even a great place to find a partner for life as I did with my wife over 45 years ago.

You bet, George Chisholm, George Melly to name but two, had some great nights there in the mid 60's.

You bet, George Chisholm, George Melly to name but two, had some great nights there in the mid 60's.
Humph Lyttleton was the man! A few years ago I visited my Sis Joan in the Clent Hills was a pub The Lyttleton Arms! great times. John Crump OldBrit in Parker. Co USA

I remember going to some Jazz club in the Soho area of London about 1949 whilst in RAF at Uxbridge, and i think Humphrey Littleton was there plaing pieces like Memphis Blues and The Old Grey Mare Aint What She Used to Be, I think it was in a large Cellar, great atmosphere !! Eric

Laura Dixon Dance studio era 1952-1954
Trying to put together a memory book for family members who attended in this era. Would love to hear from anybody who worked there then or attended themselves. Or also relatives of people who worked or attended there. Names that have been recalled are Betty, May,Ted,Tom and Barry. Does anyone remember someone who was a navel officer? Would be great to hear your memories that may help us with this quest

Back