• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Noctor Family

Miss Sarah

Brummie babby
Hello x I am interesting in any and all descendants of Robert and Maggie Noctor [nee Kennedy] x Originally from Wicklow, Ireland area, later settling in the Birmingham, England area x Winson Green and Castle Vale seem to be prominant x The year of interest is 1949/1950 x Any help would be much appreciated x

do you have a bit more information..such as any first names and was it the late 40s they came to birmingham...the more info you provide the better

lyn

Hi Astoness and thank you for the prompt response x I believe i gave both first and surname in my post x This couple had quite a few children,mostly sons x One of these sons would be the biological father of my elderly uncle x
As far as i know, Robert Noctor passed away whilst still in Ireland, then mum Maggie took the children to the Birmingham area x
My uncle was concieved late 1949 in the Birmingham, England area x

Robert and Maggie Noctor had 8 children altogether that i have found x Their names were Patrick [b.1919], Robert [b.1922], James[1926], Daniel[b.1929], Denis[b.1931], Thomas[b.1934], and Andrew[b.1928] x I have left out the daughter because i am focused on the sons x

Hi Astoness and thank you for the prompt response x I believe i gave both first and surname in my post x This couple had quite a few children,mostly sons x One of these sons would be the biological father of my elderly uncle x
As far as i know, Robert Noctor passed away whilst still in Ireland, then mum Maggie took the children to the Birmingham area x
My uncle was concieved late 1949 in the Birmingham, England area x

sorry sarah yes you did...its me reading too fast

lyn

Probably no surprise but all the ones I can find seem to have passed away - Patrick 2002, Robert 2014, Andrew 2006, Daniel (Joseph?) 2018, Denis (1989) & Thomas 2009. There doesn't seem to be any sign of James.

On the 1957 & 1960 ERs Margaret is living at 159 Grove Lane. In 1957 with Daniel, Thomas, Denis and Andrew, in 1960 Andrew is no longer listed.

Patrick appears to have come to Bham first, he is listed on the 1939 Register.

Patrick (& Edna) 3 daughters.

Robert (& Veronica) 4 or 5 daughters and 2 sons,

Andrew (& Annie) 1 daughter.

Daniel (& Bernadette) 2 sons.

Thomas (& Ellen ?) none?

Can't see a likely marriage for Denis.

Daniel, Bernadette & Thomas are listed on Grove Lane on the 2002 ERs.

So there must be descendants out there but it always a little bit of a longshot that one of them will see these messages, though you never know.

1950 eroll has Patrick and Edna Noctor at 68 Cato Street.
Many thanks for this reply x I understand Patrick will have passed, so it would be any children of Patrick im keen to chat with, potential to be my uncles half siblings x
Robert Noctor b 1921-1923 living at 19 Gleeson Close Castle Vale in 2010 and the Orchards Nursing home Shard End crescent in 2015.
Thank you Alberta x Im keen to make contact with any of his children x

1950 eroll has Patrick and Edna Noctor at 68 Cato Street.
Many thanks for this reply x I understand Patrick will have passed, so it would be any children of Patrick im keen to chat with, potential to be my uncles half siblings x
Robert Noctor b 1921-1923 living at 19 Gleeson Close Castle Vale in 2010 and the Orchards Nursing home Shard End crescent in 2015.
Thank you Alberta x Im keen to make contact with any of
Probably no surprise but all the ones I can find seem to have passed away - Patrick 2002, Robert 2014, Andrew 2006, Daniel (Joseph?) 2018, Denis (1989) & Thomas 2009. There doesn't seem to be any sign of James.

On the 1957 & 1960 ERs Margaret is living at 159 Grove Lane. In 1957 with Daniel, Thomas, Denis and Andrew, in 1960 Andrew is no longer listed.

Patrick appears to have come to Bham first, he is listed on the 1939 Register.

Patrick (& Edna) 3 daughters.

Robert (& Veronica) 4 or 5 daughters and 2 sons,

Andrew (& Annie) 1 daughter.

Daniel (& Bernadette) 2 sons.

Thomas (& Ellen ?) none?

Can't see a likely marriage for Denis.

Daniel, Bernadette & Thomas are listed on Grove Lane on the 2002 ERs.

So there must be descendants out there but it always a little bit of a longshot that one of them will see these messages, though you never know.
Thank you MWS, yes this is what ive found also x Im keen to chat with any descendants so i can pinpoit which of the brothers are the father of my uncle x Then i can close the case x

There appear to be a number of trees on Ancestry that include Robert and Margaret (and children), though some of the info on a few of them is wrong.

Maybe the owner of one of them might be able to help.

Thank you MWS, i have contacted dozens of people on ancestry x Only one proved fruitful, this person tested, and is a granddaughter of Denis Noctor x Realistically, id need someone from the generation below the set of brothers to test so i can get closer x

Back