• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A Bird In Winter- Louise Doughty

FNQBRUMMIE

master brummie
What fascinated me about the story which apparently was based on fact was that in our city ( yes Birmingham not London, Paris, Berlin etc ) we had spy chasers working out of a building near the A38 out of an office named Alaska. The author mentions many areas in and around Brum before her main character has to run North to evade those who wish to terminate her. A cracking good read

What fascinated me about the story which apparently was based on fact was that in our city ( yes Birmingham not London, Paris, Berlin etc ) we had spy chasers working out of a building near the A38 out of an office named Alaska. The author mentions many areas in and around Brum before her main character has to run North to evade those who wish to terminate her. A cracking good read
You'll probably enjoy 'Another Day in Birmingham' then when it's published shortly (cough)

Me and my wife reckon the office was probably in Cumberland House, masquerading as a local govt office- wasn't that at Five Ways, big multi storey block with lots of offices and a short trip to the A38 by the Bristol Cinema

Back