• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Server crash and your donations

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
As most of our members will recall that our server recently died on us and a new one had to be purchased.
I would like to take this time to thank you personally for your more than generous donation for us to continue to keep bringing Birmingham History Forum alive and kicking for anyone interested in our great city and its heritage to be shared by all.
We actually own our dedicated server which allows us to govern the site as we and you like to see it.
It was never going to be about making money, our site relies on peoples donations.
So once again thank you for coming to our rescue and thankfully you really excelled all expectations.

As most of our members will recall that our server recently died on us and a new one had to be purchased.
I would like to take this time to thank you personally for your more than generous donation for us to continue to keep bringing Birmingham History Forum alive and kicking for anyone interested in our great city and its heritage to be shared by all.
We actually own our dedicated server which allows us to govern the site as we and you like to see it.
It was never going to be about making money, our site relies on peoples donations.
So once again thank you for coming to our rescue and thankfully you really excelled all expectations.
Postie, our thanks is to you for keeping our dreams alive and doing it SO VERY WELL!

My check, which I send via snail mail from the US, cleared my bank yesterday. If you can spare an extra donation this year for all the system has gone through, that would be a good thing! I start my day at BHF, its great value to me and I am sure all of you.

Back