Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history.
While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.
We do hope you enjoy your visit.
BHF Admin Team
Aah thank you - yes that’s the building .
I went in there some years ago just into reception . The company pre 2020 changed front which had been cleaned up -
Yes you’re right about the departments in the main building- ladies and childrens when I worked there was on first floor next to the...
Hi Wam, thank you for your reply.
Nice to connect with a former employee
Even though you weren’t there long - it be interesting to hear any thoughts on what it was like for you . Any funny things - even processes you’d have done in accounts -
I’ve found an old payslip in what’s feels looks/...
S Rose & Co was a clothing and fancy goods warehouse located in Lionel street next to the post office tower .
My cousin Gail started there in 1972 in the Ladies and Children’s department. Mr Wesson was the department manager.
I started in 1974 my first job (same dept) - what an experience. The...