• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

MWS's latest activity

  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread 'Rednal' House.
    I keep comparing it to the picture but unless there had been some alterations I can't make it match. :(
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread 'Rednal' House with Appreciate Appreciate.
    1887 map
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread Morand.
    On the subject of Mason College, in the Bham Daily Post 25 Sep 1889 there article that mentions 'the department being placed in...
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread Morand.
    As mentioned previously Elizabeth Smith's mother married a James Luker after she was born. Herbert, Louise and also an Edith & Edward...
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread 'Rednal' House.
    Kershaw is with Thomas and family on Pershore Road in 1861, though it appears that his death was reg. back in Yorkshire in 1867.
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread 'Rednal' House with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Not relevant but Sarah is Thomas's second wife. Both marriages are listed on Ancestry. Father's name Kershaw so definitey the same Thomas.
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread 'Rednal' House.
    Could be but OP did say that it says on the photo 'Rednal' home of Emma Holroyd. I can't see connection between the Holroyd family and...
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread 'Rednal' House.
    Well that directory would appear to rule out Norfolk Road, though the house on the photo has a vague similarity with the map.
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread 'Rednal' House with Appreciate Appreciate.
    1879 directory
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread 'Rednal' House.
    There appear to be two families that are on both the 1871 & 1881 census - Yates and Low/Lowe. I think in 1871 the Yates family are...
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread 'Rednal' House with Appreciate Appreciate.
    This is the page Previous page also has no house names.
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread 'Rednal' House.
    I couldn't see the road in 1871. In 1861 they're on Pershore Road. From the old maps and looking at the picture I would guess that...
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread 'Rednal' House with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I think I found the same family living on Norfolk Road in 1871 with parents Thomas and Sarah. Again no name to the house.
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread 'Rednal' House.
    I see on the 1881 census the Emma's widowed step mother (if I have the correct family) is living on York Road, Edgbaston and the family...
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread Morand.
    As mentioned previously Herbert and Louise's mother was an Elizabeth Luker (b Smith) whom Eugene married in 1877. She died in 1884, reg...
Back
Top