• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Mark Tooze

  1. M

    Birmingham City Hospital officially closed Nov 2024

    Perhaps someone played the dreaded "H&S - Asbestos" card?
  2. M

    Birmingham City Hospital officially closed Nov 2024

    Same logic as the Crooked House - just executed in a different way......... once its gone its gone..........
  3. M

    Birmingham City Hospital officially closed Nov 2024

    It would have been an ideal exhibit at the Black Country Museum - it was not far from the black country "border" and they are experts at dismantling and rebuilding items like this. But - someone in a suit with a clipboard with a margin on it decided they needed the extra car parking spaces......
  4. M

    Birmingham City Hospital officially closed Nov 2024

    Brilliant photos - if you do write a book post #115 photo #16 would be a good cover photo - depicting the hospital "frozen in time" with dilapidation all around it - super lighting!
  5. M

    Birmingham City Hospital officially closed Nov 2024

    Agree - super photos and taken with thought and care - not just snapshots.
  6. M

    the workhouse ground

    I've got quite a few - trouble is they all end before that bit of Dudley Road....
  7. M

    the workhouse ground

    Hi Lyn; this map from 1855 shows the workhouse but no infirmary yet:- Anything I can find from earlier always seems to end somewhere around Monument Rd. But I'll keep looking......
  8. M

    J.W.EVANS SILVER FACTORY

    I wonder how many of these "time capsules" are left in the Jewellery Quarter? I think Kendricks Printers (which I photographed about 45 years ago and is posted on another thread) has probably long since gone as it was caving in the day I went there. But I guess there must still be the odd room...
  9. M

    RIP ALBERTA

    Very sad news. RIP Alberta
  10. M

    Birmingham City Hospital officially closed Nov 2024

    Super photos Zero! Its so much better when you can get "on-site" as it were rather than shooting over fences with a Daily Mail-type lens!
  11. M

    As Seen From Our Gardens 2026

    Nice early this morning - Moon and Mars very close together in hazy early morning sky:- Mars is bottom right. Replaced original with a sharper image.
  12. M

    J.W.EVANS SILVER FACTORY

    Looks like a good visit - and not too far from a model shop as well!!
  13. M

    IN OUR GARDENS 2026

    Critter time - any idea what these things are folks - we have loads of them on our runner beans - are they some kind of ladybird?
  14. M

    Old Postcards and Photos of Birmingham

    Internet find - go to the Cofton Collection site at www.coftoncollections.net - enter Birmingham in the search engine and over 150 watermark-free photos and cards are returned - most of which I have not seen before. They are based in Birmingham by the way. Few examples:- Bham police 1920s:-...
  15. M

    Its pjmburns (janice) Birthday

    Happy Birthday!!!!
Back
Top