• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Ladywood 2

  1. L

    Powell Elizabeth Ann b1908

    Thank you all so much for filling in the blanks.
  2. L

    Powell Elizabeth Ann b1908

    I think my mother lived in Berkley Street, which is near Stoke Street and Severn Street.
  3. L

    Powell Elizabeth Ann b1908

    The Cantlins came from around Tralee, County Kerry in the South west of Ireland. Possibly came ovet to Ireland with the Normans. Although an outside possibilty Cantlin is a shortening of De Catalan, which might come from Spanish Amada shipwrecks?
  4. L

    Powell Elizabeth Ann b1908

    Can I ask, what you have found of interest in Severn Street?
  5. L

    Powell Elizabeth Ann b1908

    No, butI think my mother's side of the family lived in that area.
  6. L

    Powell Elizabeth Ann b1908

    Yes it was 1935 Amazing, Thank you very much
  7. L

    Cadbury's Bournville Factory

    Sad that such an important national brand Cadburys was allowed to be bought by Kraft. The French would never allowed it.
  8. L

    Birmingham City Hospital officially closed Nov 2024

    I was born there, and later had a nettle infection removed from my leg pick up in the pouring rain on a pilgrimage to Evesham.
  9. L

    Powell Elizabeth Ann b1908

    I think you are right, I'm sure she mentioned Father Hudson's Homes. Thank you.
  10. L

    Powell Elizabeth Ann b1908

    Sorry to be so slow, my father adress is given as 1/40 the Parade, and my mothers as 1/38 the Parade. Thanks for your help.
  11. L

    Powell Elizabeth Ann b1908

    Jackie and Billy Powell.
  12. L

    Powell Elizabeth Ann b1908

    Yes, I do have their marriage certificate.
  13. L

    Powell Elizabeth Ann b1908

    In 1940 My Parents left my brother in Edward street with with my Aunt Nell, and they went to a cinema, could have been the Lyric, the air raid sirens went, and my parents decided to stay in the cinema. After the All Clear, they went to their house in Cox Street, and found it bombed out. All the...
  14. L

    Powell Elizabeth Ann b1908

    Thank you. I think this was 1/37 Edward Street
  15. L

    Powell Elizabeth Ann b1908

    James survived the war and dies in 1940, John Thomas [ Jackie] and William Charles [Billy] where killed in action in France and Greece.
Back
Top