Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history.
While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.
We do hope you enjoy your visit.
BHF Admin Team
That was after i worked there i think ...I was doing machining work on capstans and millers and lathes ,,,and my wages were deffo in the £20 plus a week region , maybe the valdo products was the offshoot business that made the scooters etc
thanks Janice soooo much ,,,,ill have a good read of that
Banks engineering ...that was it ,,,,brilliant find this is ,,,,cant believee youve found something , its too much of a co incidence to be anyone else but the guys i worked for
Does anyone remember a little cafe on sand pits right oposite Edward street , I used to go in it sometimes before I started work in Edward street in the mornings in the 80,s
what did the rest of the article say janice just out of curiosity ?? , also how could I trace this couple and or their children as I know that they had at least one daughter . I seem to remember them mentioning a school called either Longmeadow or Swanshurst so that must be where the family...
omg omg i think you have unearthed the diamond ,,,, ....the names escape me still but thats too co-incidental for it to not be the place that I worked in the 80s ... they must have been in their last few months of their lease of the workshop when I was there .....i cant think of anywhere else...
i think it would have been 87 or lion works pressings but it wasnt called lion works pressing that i can remember but i cant remember what it was called as i was only there a few months
Im trying to find some info about a small factory/ workshop that I worked at in about 81/82 when I left school , it was right a the top of the street by king edwards road opposite Abel Alarm company . It was ran by a husband and wife team i think , just me and those two guys .
Hello - does anyone have any information about this gentleman , business details / addresses / family / photos / living relatives etc etc , anything , My parents bought a house from him in 1968 and he moved to stratford upon avon after he had sold . I think he was elderly when he sold the...