• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Brian95

  1. B

    BSA Norton Triumph Ariel and miscellaneous motorbikes and trikes

    Ansells was also next to HP Sauce,( Mum used to take us there to breathe in the malt !!!!) Aston Auto's was a long shop, with the bike showroom and spares sales on one side and the scooter sales and service opposite, Christine mason was the Boss's Daughter who worked at MCA in the office, George...
  2. B

    BSA Norton Triumph Ariel and miscellaneous motorbikes and trikes

    MCA was a part of Aston Auto's, one being the spares and the other, machining, Bikes & scooters, MCA was run separate though by "Mickey" Mason, his Daughter worked in the office, The upstairs rooms at Aston Auto's was storage for carriers, crash bars etc, Ron Timms who who serviced the scooters...
  3. B

    Miss Price's Prep School - Linwood Road, Handsworth

    I started at All Saints around then (1952) and recall the slate with the wooden edges but thought we used chalk? I later joined the 14th Boys Brigade held at Benson Road School, march up St Michaels Hill every Sunday to Church, I was a good boy then !!!!!
  4. B

    BSA Norton Triumph Ariel and miscellaneous motorbikes and trikes

    I used to collect bits from " Millers" when I was the errand boy at MCA on Lichfield road
  5. B

    Ford Street Hockley

    I went to All Saints in 1952 and to HNR in 1958 , what is it you are looking for besides photo's
  6. B

    Motorcycle Shops

    I remember it on a "bench" in the garage, I also moved to France for many years and then back to Devon
  7. B

    Motorcycle Shops

    Hi Alan, The car was rebuilt twice after I did it and the colour changed, not sure if it was all relevant to the year. Did you happen to live in Redditch? I called on a guy there named Alan with a Schmitt
  8. B

    Motorcycle Shops

    Hi, The car was rebuilt by me and Nick Poll ( who now lives in France) and sprayed Mazda Red, the car is now in France , so will have a different reg. number
  9. B

    Motorcycle Shops

    FEX 432
  10. B

    Motorcycle Shops

    The Shmitt used to have reverse, stop the engine, switch the points over and start up, in theory 4 speed reverse
  11. B

    Motorcycle Shops

    I also had 2 Isetta's (1 x red 1 x yellow) & a Messerschmitt, though I was in my late 40's then, at 16 I worked at MCA ( Motor Cycle Accessories) for a few years, part of Aston Auto's, my first Isetta is now in Japan, the 2nd I am not sure where and the Messerschmitt is in France. My first bike...
  12. B

    The Keith Berry Photo Archive - Old Birmingham Page 3

    I got to thinking that when I was 13 , after school. I used to work in the Quarter, sweep the floor and sort the bits for stones, gold etc then take a bag of ????? to the assay office and collect the stamped stuff then back and wrap the registered parcel things and off to the Post Office, would...
  13. B

    The Keith Berry Photo Archive - Old Birmingham Page 3

    My Brothers shop is still in Vyse St, G.H.Moore & Son, been in Vyse Street for at least 60 yrs, handy as we lived in Park Road originally
  14. B

    Castle Vale

    Does anyone remember Butch & Mo who ran the Murco Garage on CV? he used to also race with Tamworth Jalopy Club
  15. B

    Walker Bros. Transport Wharf Street Hockley

    My Father drove for Walker Bros. transport, Wharf Street, Hockley, B18, from 1950'ish for many years, does anyone out there have pics of the vans or flatbeds, Dad drove W24. I have many memories of visits to, Cadbury's, Birds Custard, Wilmott Bredon and Rowntree's also fond memories of "lucky...
Back
Top