• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Latest activity

• R
    Robert Ensor (bob) reacted to Bob Davis's post in the thread Getting on the tram with Appreciate Appreciate.
    That was just a red rear light I think, i am sure there was no mechanism to light it as it stopped. Did cars actually have stop...
  • R
    Richarddye reacted to cookie273uk's post in the thread Getting on the tram with Appreciate Appreciate.
    remember in the days of the tram there was far less traffic so boarding and alighting trams was not a problem plus motorists were used...
  • R
    Richarddye reacted to oldMohawk's post in the thread Getting on the tram with Appreciate Appreciate.
    As a youngster I got on and off trams in the middle of roads and I don't remember it being a problem. We were very alert to passing...
  • R
    Richarddye reacted to Robert Ensor (bob)'s post in the thread Getting on the tram with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Well the whole American school bus debate is for another thread on another forum, I live it every day Now it was the American school...
  • R
    Richarddye reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Getting on the tram with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Personally I already think there is enough congestion caused by people who insist on driving their children to school, often only a...
  • R
    Richarddye replied to the thread Getting on the tram.
    And if you depending upon the state will be walking for 30 days which is a big deal since public transportation is not the same as in Brum!
  • R
    Richarddye reacted to nickcc101's post in the thread Getting on the tram with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Shame we don't have a similar rule in this country as they do in the USA regards not passing a School bus when loading or discharging...
  • R
    Richarddye reacted to Lloyd's post in the thread Getting on the tram with Appreciate Appreciate.
    The 'Rule of the Road' was that faster traffic could pass moving trams on the nearside, but must not when the tram stops. They should...
  • R
    Richarddye replied to the thread Getting on the tram.
    Bob, yes...………..wonderful memories, been there done many of those! Thank you...….
  • R
    Richarddye reacted to Bob Davis's post in the thread Getting on the tram with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Perhaps a mod will put this in the posting to which it refers. Recently questions have been asked about traffic at the time a tram...
  • Bob Davis
    Bob Davis reacted to Richarddye's post in the thread Hobbies with Appreciate Appreciate.
    oldMohawk………..great work! What program did you use to add color?
  • Bob Davis
    Bob Davis reacted to DavidGrain's post in the thread Getting on the tram with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Just a tail light. No stop lights on an old tram. Also the trams had several braking systems.
  • Bob Davis
    Bob Davis replied to the thread Getting on the tram.
    That was just a red rear light I think, i am sure there was no mechanism to light it as it stopped. Did cars actually have stop...
  • R
    Richarddye replied to the thread Hobbies.
    Thank you for that info, particularly about the learning curve -( Will keep you posted!
  • R
    Richarddye reacted to oldMohawk's post in the thread Hobbies with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I use a free open source app named Gimp. Use Google Search to find it. Gimp is a big download but easily installed and uninstalled if...