• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Youtube Music

Smudger

master brummie
I like the song from the Sky Q fluid viewing ad (I`ve gotta be me ) so i went onto You tube to download it, & i was surprised to hear it was sung by Sammy Davis jr. I never realised Sammy was such a good singer. Youtube is so handy for downloading free music.

Without it, gravity is just gravy.

Sammy Davis Jnr: Singer, dancer, drummer, pianist/vibraphone player, actor, comedian and great gun slinger.

Smudger, he was arguably the finest all round entertainer there has been.

Eddie

Sammy Davis Jnr: Singer, dancer, drummer, pianist/vibraphone player, actor, comedian and great gun slinger.

Smudger, he was arguably the finest all round entertainer there has been.

Eddie

Eddie, I knew very little about Sammy Davis other than he was a member of the "Brat Pack" I heard "I gotta be me" on a ad for Sky Q, i liked the song & downloaded it from Youtube & that is (i think) the first time i`d ever heard him sing. I actually thought it was a white guy singing & downloaded the version by Steve Lawrence by mistake.

Music, like Art is personal, one mans meat is another mans poison, I am a lover of Classical music yet my favourite singer is a French 'pop' singer called Edith Piaf, who died many years ago in the 50's. Eric

When I was renovating my place. they played him every afternoon on radio 2 singing The Candy Man which did my head in. That apart he had a fantastic voice. Very powerful, I like his version of a A Foggy Day in London Town. I also think Dean Martin had a lovely voice, my partner introduced me to his singing - Torna a Surriento for Cookie. I also like Edith Piaf. I had to learn her biography for a French course/exam. She had a lovely higher register too and sang beautifully in English as you probably know.

Nico, some years ago whilst in Paris I visited the Cimetiere du Pere Lachaise to see Edith Piaf's tomb (only 10 minutes walk from our Hotel) most disappointing, small and insignificant buried with her son, would never have fount
d without the help of an official. Eric

Nico, some years ago whilst in Paris I visited the Cimetiere du Pere Lachaise to see Edith Piaf's tomb (only 10 minutes walk from our Hotel) most disappointing, small and insignificant buried with her son, would never have fount
d without the help of an official. Eric
A bit like Joan of Arc's statue in Rouen then. Maybe Edith would have approved though.

I love Edith Piafs voice. "No Regrets" I could listen to more than a lot. If a song from the past comes into your head look on Youtube.com and it will more than likely be there.

I love Edith Piafs voice. "No Regrets" I could listen to more than a lot. If a song from the past comes into your head look on Youtube.com and it will more than likely be there.
If you're just taken with the one song then you're ok with youtube. If you like the voice you might want this https://archive.org/details/EdithPiaf268Songs
There are two versions of the whole set for download in either ogg or mp3. ogg is usually better quality but you need a better player.

I have just placed a very nice Edith Piaf LP, in excellent condition, into the charity shop at the Bure Valley Railway, here in Norfolk.

Eddie.

Back