• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

YOUNG Family, Aston & Summer Lane

John Young

master brummie
Hi All Listers & "Tree" builders ;)

The YOUNG,s originated from Higham Ferrers , Northamptonshire from around 1790,s
Arrived in Aston around 1860,s, Lichfield Rd ,mainly the Pubs (Hic ::))
Several offshoots Bros & Sis,s went posh end of Summer Lane, Cowper Street 1900,s
So anyone researching or maybe have Rellies or Neighbours of My mob
Very welcome to Contact anytime,, cheers & good luck,, John Y :crazy2:

Marriages/Connections.. BUTLER, HUNT, GRIFFITHS,SNAILUM,DUROSE,MORGAN, BLUNT
COOLEY,MAY, ROLFE MARLOW, EDMUNDS, SHEARMAN, my G,dads had fast pushbikes O0

Hello John Y - nice to see your posting - don't think we have a connection though mate :)

Thanks Kate :-* & Colin B,, My DUROSE is a Witness at a marriage in 1914

James Durose @ marriage of John Cooley age 26 of 36 Moorsom Street &
Esther Griffiths age 20 of 16 Cowper Street (Both Streets off Summer Lane)

No idea yet if a Durban S A connection,, James is Only Durose i have,
Hope some linkage via Other Surnames triggers with you Colin m8 O0

we knew a Durose family,whom we visited in Durban,about 10 years ago.Their family have been going backwards and forwards between the UK and Durban/Natal for years.It started when a member of the family went out there in the Boers War,after the fighting he took the family over there,and settled.Different generations have done it 3 times about every 10 yearsThe family last returned to the UK about 8 years ago,but the husband & wife split up and he returned to Durban.
So,sorry no definite connection just a story to relate

Colin

Update YOUNG,s 1935

Hi Folks :) Looking for further information, Rellies & Neighbours of

2 Theresa Road, Sparkbrook 1935,, Ernest (Avington) YOUNG

223 Newcombe Road, Handsworth 1935, Gilbert John YOUNG
& Wife Jessie Young (maiden name ROLFE )

Extensive Young/Rolfe family info to share with interested parties,
Thanks & regards John Y

To Admin

Is it possible to move this Thread to an Alphabetically correct position after all the "W" surnames,,
Any prospective researchers / seekers of Young surname would scroll & miss in present situ,,
Thanks & best regards to Site JohnY

Back