• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Yew Tree Pub, Yardley

jmadone

master brummie
Having a discussion with my wife this afternoon about Saturday jobs (perhaps this could go on that thread) and the Yew Tree cropped up. I searched the forum for photos and/or maps and found nothing about the pub. Does anyone have any pictures and is the pub still open or is it one of our many lost pubs?

I'm sure there must be photos of the Yew Tree on the forum somewhere, but just in case here are a couple. The Yew Tree was demolished and rebuilt I think it went with the same name for a while, but it seems it has now been changed to the Clumsy Swan. it doesn't have the same ring to it does it, The Clumsy Swan Island as opposed to the Yew Tree Island.

Yardley Yew Tree PH.jpgYardley Yew Tree Stoney Lane.jpgclumsy swan.JPG

Here is a photograph of this grand building. Well, grand in its day. I imagined it was about 1930 but the Yew Tree Inn was built on fresh soil and opened in 1926. This photograph was taken not long after the pub was trading :

Yardley - Yew Tree Inn.jpg

Back