• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

yeomans

lindaparry19

master brummie
looking for samuel yeomans abt 1890 gertrude yeomans nee davis 1897 samuel yeomans abt 1920 rose yeomans edward yeomans 1910 ? roy yeomans 1940 ? brian yeomans 1943 cant find them on any census regards linda

I have found a family of brothers living at 5 Ct, 4 Sherbourne Street, Ladywood district on the 1901 census

Frederick 25 Brass Worker
Benjamin 21 do
Samuel 17 do
George 14 Iron Worker

All born Birmingham

There are more Samuels but they are all quite a bit older. Edward Yeomans ought to be on the 1911 census on findmypast. You might be better to ask for a look up on the electoral registers for the others.

Di there was a Yeomans family living near to us couple of doors away in Newtown Row Aston 1930/40s he was a Milkman Horse & Trap.:)

Last edited:
There was a yeomen family living in anderson street lady wood
birmingham 18 during the forties and fifties and i think his name was george and his son was terrance and he was an old school friend of mine
we went to ickneild st along with edgar southeren [ ragga rabone ] as we called him tony seeney and tichie allen [ dave allen
the yeomans have lived there up to the 70 ,s and now live in the quinton area and used the scarlet pimplenel pub so if any of them are listed in
the sherebourne st lady wood you can bet your last penny he is related
best wishes astonian ,;;

Back