• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

ye olde engine tavern...

bringing to the top...still searching for a pic of ye olde engine tavern folks...must be one somewhere..took some photos again yesterday but no changes except that the ally way to the left of the old pub is now blocked off by very large skips so can only assume something is going on at the back

lyn

bringing to the top...still searching for a pic of ye olde engine tavern folks...must be one somewhere..took some photos again yesterday but no changes except that the ally way to the left of the old pub is now blocked off by very large skips so can only assume something is going on at the back

lyn
Were you able to get some pics of The Gothic ?

ok bill..they are not much different to what we have seen but i thought i would take a couple anyway...

lyn

oh my goodness brian you can see from my first post just how long i have been interested in this pub and dad was right about there being a large mosaic sign... never thought though that i would ever see it...now we need to try and find out what plans for this piece of history...according to kerion from west midlands pubs it was trading in 1830...thanks brian once again you have come up trumps..i shall be down there as soon as i can

lyn

Last edited:
oh my goodness brian you can see from my first post just how long i have been interested in this pub and dad was right about there being a large mosaic sign... never thought though that i would ever see it...now we need to try and find out what plans for this piece of history...according to kerion from west midlands pubs it was trading in 1830...thanks brian once again you have come up trumps..i shall be down there as soon as i can

lyn
Cordia blackswan are the developers and try very hard to protect heritage stuff as best they can. Might be worth contacting them as they are always open to ideas.

Hi Guys resurrecting an older thread I know but have just noticed they are refurbishing a building on great Hampton row and have removed the frontage and I’ve spotted the mosaic sign! Ive tried to upload but says the pics are too big for the server, I’ll see if I can reduce their size later when I’m home.

Edit: should of read the last page as I’ve been beaten to it

yes its great news about the pub name ges1407 see post 36 where another eagle eyed member spotted it ..i was down there last week taking photos really must get them off my camera and post here

cheers

lyn

small enough to upload but not as good quality now

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    825.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    824.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    846.4 KB · Views: 20
I have moved the Lloyd Bank, Great Hampton Street post to a thread of its own. Link below. Viv.

very good quality if you click on the photo then click on the plus icon to zoom in...thanks for posting

lyn

Back