• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Yardley Road Sanitorium

ScoSie

Does anyone have pictures of Yardley Road Sanitorium from the 1920s? My wife's grandfather died there of Tuberculosis in Dec. 1928 and we would like to see what the place looked like. Thanks.

Does anyone have pictures of Yardley Road Sanitorium from the 1920s? My wife's grandfather died there of Tuberculosis in Dec. 1928 and we would like to see what the place looked like. Thanks.
hi..it is always advisable to use our search box before starting a new thread as we may already have one in this case we do with a couple of photos...click on link below .i will delete this thread tomorrow giving you time to read my reply

lyn

Thanks, Lyn. I did see the earlier posts. Unfortunately the 2 links (presumably to photos) were no longer working. I did see another photo of an exterior shot of the women's ward, but was hoping for more images.

i have made a post on the original thread asking for any outside photos you may want to go onto the thread and explain your interest..fingers crossed also if you make post you will get an email alert saying someone has posted on it that way you wont miss out on any photos that are posted...hope this helps

lyn

Last edited:
Thanks, Lyn. I did see the earlier posts. Unfortunately the 2 links (presumably to photos) were no longer working. I did see another photo of an exterior shot of the women's ward, but was hoping for more images.
Yes; I have been unable to open the links as well. They are no longer current, it seems.

I found this one image online. I presume this is the same place,,, it seems it was in continuous use from 1895,

Attachments

• City Hospital Little Bromwich.jpg
    City Hospital Little Bromwich.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 11
Back