• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Yardley in WW1

terry carter

Birmingham Pals
Hello all

I am helping out with a display about Yardley in WW1 to be held in St Ediburgh's Church, Yardley or as some of us Brummies know it 'Yardley Old Church'.

Research has been done on the Church War Memorial. BUT..... any other info would be welcome

However I am making this appeal to find out if any forum member has any information concerning service men and women, munitions workers etc associated with Yardley or even buried in Yardley Cemetery. Or even a picture of someone who associated with Yardley

The Church display will last for about two weeks in November whilst another display about Birmingham, Royal Warwickshires etc will be a two day event at the local Church Hall on November 8 & 9.

If any Birmingham History Forum members would like to pop along you would be most welcome.

Thanks

Terry

If any one can help me. I am looking for a good street map of Yardley area for around the time of WW1. I have a modern day Alan Godfrey map from 1902 but Yardley Church is right on the edge.

Cheers

Terry

Back