• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Yardley Cemetery Map

Tried searching previous posts for a map of the layout of Yardley Cemetery but couldn't find one so contacted the Cemetery direct. They have sent me one so thought i'd post on here.

If anyone wants a picture of a grave etc and know where it is am happy to have a look round and take a picture for them
Sorry to trouble you and thanks for the map however do the digits relate to the grave number? I have an location of Section C number 6995. Would that be in the sector 69? Please advise if possible and many thanks. Regards Andy

Sorry to trouble you and thanks for the map however do the digits relate to the grave number? I have an location of Section C number 65595. Would that be in the sector 65? Please advise if possible and many thanks. Regards Andy
Sorry wrote incorrect number, now correct!

Hi, this is my first post on this site so forgive me if I am in the wrong place!! :) I have just paid my £20 to get the grave details of my husband's grandfather. We had no idea he was buried in Yardley Cemetery, so we are really pleased. However on the digital register it only says Section D (Grave number 27399). On the map that I have found in various places for the cemetery there is no mention of Section in letter format only numbers. Therefore we haven't a clue where to start looking. Could anyone help?? Many thanks.

Welcome to the forum.
If you plan to visit - check when the cemetery office is open so you can ask or email them with the grave number and ask them to pinpoint a section for you. They were very helpful when I asked a similar question.
Info can be found here: Yardley Cemetery
Grave numbers are usually on the back of the grave stones but if your grave has no stone be prepared to find the nearest and count to work out the position of the plot (I had to do that).

My gt g-parents were buried there (1922 and 1928). I got the grave details off the register and took them to the cemetery. They then gave me this map with the location marked (section 24, 7 plots in one direction 29 in the other). The lady was very helpful. Unfortunately the grave was unmarked - just a bare plot.

Yardley Cemetery001.jpg

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Glad you had some success with Yardley Crem. I have found relatives(6 / 7 in total) in Brandwood Crem, you have to go through Kings Norton office to get info on plot ( i have dates of deaths ) as i live abroad (and not knowing when flights /travel) is going to be lifted my plan was is to get all the info before i come over to Brum so as not to waste time owing to seeing family, after 3 e-mails over the last few months no reply from them Frustrating.

Can anyone let me know which section of Yardley cemetery this is please, I couldn’t make it out, thanks

Attachments

• 66F81231-6D1F-4A09-A917-868EF2E26056.jpeg
    66F81231-6D1F-4A09-A917-868EF2E26056.jpeg
    460.4 KB · Views: 43
Looks like a fancy letter E.
Lettered sections aren't on the map.
Now I have been reliably informed my Great Grandfather William Thomas Beach the Vendetta Billy Beach is buried in Yardley Cemetery. 1939 I think, do you think this information would be easy to find as when building the Family Tree I would like some actual dates instead of estimating.

I think this is the right one...

The birth for the William Beach who married Elizabeth Frost and was the father of Florence Elizabeth, appears to have been registered Dec qtr 1880 Aston. There are a couple of deaths that could be his - Jun qtr 1935 & Mar qtr 1936 - both registered Bham. There is a matching burial at Yardley for the 1936 one only (Feb).

That's not to say that the death or the burial are his, only that they could be.

I think this is the right one...

The birth for the William Beach who married Elizabeth Frost and was the father of Florence Elizabeth, appears to have been registered Dec qtr 1880 Aston. There are a couple of deaths that could be his - Jun qtr 1935 & Mar qtr 1936 - both registered Bham. There is a matching burial at Yardley for the 1936 one only (Feb).

That's not to say that the death or the burial are his, only that they could be.
You could be right. I was only working on a date that a second cousin mentioned, more than likely I could not find anything as I assumed 1939 was the year. Florence Elizabeth Beach was my grandmother, she was grazed on the head when around 10 year old when shots were fired into the house by the Sheldon’s in the Vendetta. Thank You very much.

Last edited:
Both of my parents were cremated at Yardley cemetery their ashes who knows I was not there to see them. Very sad
Very Sad. I did not know where my mother was buried as I was only three at the time of her death. My father found it very hard to deal with, later in life he wanted a new marble stone put up and took me there to show me the grave to tell me he had got to be buried with her. It was 57 years till they were reunited. That was in Yardley Wood Cemetery.

You could be right. I was only working on a date that a second cousin mentioned, more than likely I could not find anything as I assumed 1939 was the year. Florence Elizabeth Beach was my grandmother, she was grazed on the head when around 10 year old when shots were fired into the house by the Sheldon’s in the Vendetta. Thank You very much.

I assume you've seen the numerous newspaper reports of 1910.

I assume you've seen the numerous newspaper reports of 1910.
No I have not but I do know quite a lot about the Vendetta. I was shown the marks on the blue bricks behind the men’s urinals jnc St Andrews Rd and Coventry Rd In 1956. My father said you see these they are bullet marks where Sheldon and Colman tried to kill your great grandfather William Thomas Beach off your moms side of the family.

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Back