• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Yardley Cemetery Map

dwilly

master brummie
Tried searching previous posts for a map of the layout of Yardley Cemetery but couldn't find one so contacted the Cemetery direct. They have sent me one so thought i'd post on here.

If anyone wants a picture of a grave etc and know where it is am happy to have a look round and take a picture for them

Attachments

• Yardley Cemetery (new).jpg
    Yardley Cemetery (new).jpg
    279 KB · Views: 560
Thanks for the offer dwilly.

I think that the original plan must have been lost in the hacking, so thanks for locating a new copy.

Thanks Dwilly, Just found out my Aunts grave number, the map was really useful. She is buried very close to my parents and baby brother, which we didn't know. She was only 17 when she died in childbirth. Her baby survived, so sad! Anne

Both of my parents Edna and Willian Herbert Crump where cremated there. My sister Joan had a memorial stone placd on the dge of the drive in from of the building. If anyone is there I would love to have a photo of that, Thanks John Crump Parker, Co USA

John let me have the details and I will sort one for you.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Bernard. Thanks so much but please doont go out of your way doing this. My Sis Joan says there is a memorial stone by the drive way across from the entrance to the building? John Crump Parker. Co USA

I have family there John so no problem - if passing I will pop in, unless Dwilly beats me to it that is.

Hello. After just reading the above I thought you may be able to help me? After several months last year I finally tracked down where my Grandfather & Grandmother are buried. Yardley cemetery have sent me a detailed map of the grave location. I would love to see a photo of the inscription. I live in Bath & not aware of any family that I can find, left in Birmingham. Thanks Stuart James.

Stuart let us have the location someone take look. Not all inscriptions are still visible however.

BernardR

Think I just sent you an email as wasn't sure how to forward the attachment I received via this forum, from Yardley. I have sent it via the email I received from you. Stuart

I hope all the details have come to you via the email I received. Stuart

I have tried another way to pass the information on;
Dear Mr James
I have attached a map of the location of Grave 28423 sec 24.
From the back corner of section 24 count 12 rows along the pathway.
You should come to row 12 which starts at 28413 from there count 11 rows to the middle and then you should be at grave 28423.
Kind Regards
Hazel

I don't know how to send the map unless I have a private email address.

Last edited:
Thanks BernardR. Did you receive my email with the instructions, sorry to ask but my Dad is not that well & I would like to discover about the confusion of the burial, as the whereabouts I only discovered recently. Stuart

Is there anyone out there local to Yardley cemetery that could have a look for me following these instructions I was sent? I see a map was posted on the first post. If I can return the favour in the Bath area I will.
Instructions; Grave 28423 sec 24.
You should come to row 12 which starts at 28413 from there count 11 rows to the middle and then you should be at grave 28423
George H James died 1924 & Mary James (nee Hughes} 1951. Thanks for reading. Stuart

Is there anyone out there local to Yardley cemetery that could have a look for me following these instructions I was sent? I see a map was posted on the first post. If I can return the favour in the Bath area I will.
Instructions; Grave 28423 sec 24.
You should come to row 12 which starts at 28413 from there count 11 rows to the middle and then you should be at grave 28423
George H James died 1924 & Mary James (nee Hughes} 1951. Thanks for reading. Stuart

Stuart visited the Grave today will send you a PM dave

having problems sending a PM

Back