• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Yardley Cemetery Map

I assume you've seen the numerous newspaper reports of 1910.
Florence Elizabeth Beach married John Dale. My grandfather John Dale owned the timber mill in Watery Lane. Their daughter Hilda Dale was my mother Hilda Lines( nee Dale) she passed away in 1950 aged 30. They had another daughter my aunt Joan Fox.

Hi Can anyone help, my Great Grandfather is buries in Yardley Cemetery, I went there years ago and know that’s it’s near to the crematorium the plot number is down as B 52052, but looking at the map the sections are numbered not lettered??

D93C829B-1C20-4406-8651-EE9B5768D970.jpeg

There wouldn't be room on the map for the grave numbers! I visited the office armed with the plot number and the lady there gave me the details of my gt-grandparents grave within a couple of minutes - section 24, 29 graves along and 7 up (on the map!) from the corner. As you already have the map it might be worth giving them a ring
1676477498359.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the grave I’m after is in either section 43 or 44, doesn’t seam to tally up with the plot number I’ve been given. I will try a contact them, I’ve got other graves to look for, hopefully they are numbered the same as 5he map.

When I went armed only with a grave number they were very helpful. Gave me the position marked on the map and told me how many rows to count from the nearest path. It is definitely worth asking.

Hi, question please. Have just purchased burial record and am totally confused by the “map” as no mention of alphabet. The burial record says - Section or Square D number of Grave 69976. Also Description of Grave seems to read E9’ the E is a fancy hand written one obviously. Any idea folks as to where the location is? Thank you in anticipation

Back