• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Yardley Cemetary - Grave Location

derickwigan

Brummie babby
I have just found that my Brothers grave is reference E 25188 - he died aged three months in 1951, but his grave might lead me to other relatives! - but the map of Yardley i have only has areas marked, no idea where the various numbers might be
Does anyone know

I think the numbers should be the grave numbers. They are marked on any gravestones (usually on the back of the headstone). The graves go in order in each section. If your grave has no stone then count on from a marked one. The office should help or sometimes the gardeners will. If there are several unmarked ones you may need to estimate the width of a grave to find the one you are looking for. Yardley is well laid out and I had to do something similar to find an unmarked one.

Last edited:
Same experience as previous post but the cemetary office at Yardley are very helpful. I had to locate a grave for one of my wife's relatives a few months ago. Called in and they gave me a map and marked it with the grave location.

Last edited:
I'm no longer in the area & want to arrange a family plot to be cleaned, how can I get a map of Yardley cemetery sent to me or us there one online I can view?? Many tyhanks

I think there is one on the forum but if you contact the cemetery they will supply a map but may also have a contractor they use. When I wanted a stone elsewhere cleaned the crematorium arranged it and we paid.

I have received response to my enquiry regarding plot number & maintenance
Just so you understand the map, first you need to know the section number, mine was 46, then they can tell you the plot number, from there I can arrange cleaning however they do not use chemicals on stone so will not be able to bring marble back to white it just discolours with age which is a real shame. They will however maintain the grave for £96 PA
Thankyou

Back