• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Xenforo bugs/help

Photobucket's overnight repairs were successful.
If you want to see where photobucket pics are, use the search as below. Put photobucket in the top box and your own username in 'Posted by member' box and untick all boxes. If you leave the username box blank you will get 199 pages of photobucket linked posts !
Screenshot (36).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for that tip Phil, it will be of great help when I get around to changing my images that were uploaded via Photo bucket.

Warren,

Are you aware that emojis do not work in private messages? Whether I type colon / hyphen / close parentheses or select the appropriate emoji from edit shortcuts, it immediately gets deleted as soon as you try to send the message.

Maurice :)

I found that if I save it. Then edit and insert it is usually saved and not deleted. Don't understand why. o_O

I have found a lot of older posts have irritating insertions like a:, which I assume were where emojis were inserted.

what's an emoji ? Eric
There was thought to be a need to show emotions in emails without saying it so someone came up with little icons .. 'emotion icons'. This got shortened to 'emoticons'. Then the japanese had similar symbols in their mobile phones but being japanese they called them 'emojis' and for some reason their word caught on across the world ... I blame Apple ... :cool:

There was thought to be a need to show emotions in emails without saying it so someone came up with little icons .. 'emotion icons'. This got shortened to 'emoticons'. Then the japanese had similar symbols in their mobile phones but being japanese they called them 'emojis' and for some reason their word caught on across the world ... I blame Apple ... :cool:

Yes blame Apple, and then there are animated emojis known as Animoji’s!

A wingding, as I recall, was a lively and lavish party. Well it was according to the late Bob Hope in one of his 'Road' films. Hope was born in London but went to Ohio with family when he was five.

Back