• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Xenforo bugs/help

It is the same on a tablet (iPad). Most of the threads are 'today' changing to 'yesterday' near the bottom of page. One nice feature is my 'mini avatar' is superimposed on the thread starter's avatar indicating that I have posted in a thread.
I don't see any reason to change this layout.
20160505_155727000_iOS.jpg

As a "Newbie", on this Forum, (but not to Forums in general) i have found that sometimes, for whatever reason, that some questions to Admin, or Mods go unanswered or not acknowledged. I have a question regarding the lightness of the lines between posts, that with my old eyes, I find it difficult to differentiate between one answer and another, I have been awaiting a reply to the two separate questions #89 and #95 asked by Astoness, have the questions been missed, or are they being ignored for some reason ?

I would also like to ask a similar question, is it possible to change the font or as least increase the font size?

I too am finding it difficult to read the posts, Times New Roman is a notoriously hard font to read. However, saying that, the link on post #103 by oldMohawk shows a board with a very readable layout.

Interesting thing is that the actual forum layout text outside of the posts is a different font, see my screenshot in post#102. It looks like Aerial or Verdana.

This line is Verdana text altered by me.

This line is Aerial text also altered by me.

The forum layout text appears to be Trebuchet MS ....:cool:

Last edited:
it should all be much easier to read now, i have also put a request in to find out how to change the separator lines

Phil

Yes but is that as easy as having the last post made to a thread on front of you when you open the thread?

Warren, I know I’m being a bit cheeky here, and do appreciate the amount of time and trouble it takes to set up and maintain a forum.

But if possible, could you have a look at using the font Verdana?

It is an ideal font for people with sight impairment and learning disabilities to improve accessibility.

The problem with that font is it was designed for small use low resolution screens using that font on a modern LED/LCD leads to uneven space
(so..the.text......"can".end.....up..resembling this type of thing).

it's a brilliant font for small text such a legal disclaimers etc but not for the main site and of course id have to change it for everyone

ironically you cant see the extra spaces as the forum software is correcting it.

I find if I look at the 'Recent Posts' list and click on the time stamp under the member's name for any thread I get the last post in that thread appearing on screen. On the old vB forum I use to click on a small blue 'arrow' to the right of the member's name and get the same last post appearing on screen.

So (for me) it seems to work as it did on the old forum ... I've now got used to it ... I like it as it is ....:)

Receiving an email today advising me of a new post on a thread I have been watching, I realised that I had not had many emails lately. I clicked on the link and was navigated to Page 1 Post 1 on that thread so I had to click on the last page number and page down. I have also found that when a member has posted more than one attachment, I can no longer just click on next but have to go back to the post to click on the next attachment.

I have just discovered a page which shows my unread watched threads where I have found that I am still linked to many threads but not receiving the email notifications as mentioned above.

I see that we are still stuck with an American spellcheck. Presumably in not too many years time, those of us who still use English spelling will be regarded as illiterate. Have just had to edit to correct my spelling mistakes but that was my fault not the Forum's.

David what spell check? xenforo doesn't have one the spell check is handled by your browser.

also the not receiving email you have to set that in your preferences :)

Attachments

• email.JPG
    email.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I have also found that when a member has posted more than one attachment, I can no longer just click on next but have to go back to the post to click on the next attachment.
It is strange how we all see some features on the forum differently but it may depend of which browser you are using. Using Chrome or Internet Explorer and clicking on a thumbnail pic in a post with say up to five photos (eg. Old adverts from days gone by post#201) I get the screen below which shows the enlarged pic and if I click on either of the large arrows at edges of the screen it will cycle through the other pics in the post.
Note if I use Microsoft's new browser Edge I get what you are describing .... are you using Edge ?
The pic below shows results from Chrome and IE.
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Back