• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Xenforo bugs/help

Hi Warren - not sure if this has been posted before - if so I apologise (spell check seems to be US English). In the old system's home page there was a column for New Posts (still there) and underneath this was one for New Threads (and the New Posts column could be minimised). That no longer seems to be there (or I've missed it!). I found the New Threads more use than the New Posts as the Posts column could get filled up pretty quickly and New Threads could be missed.

Eric
Either:
At the top of the page on the right there is a button named "Inbox" If you click on that it brings up a window with your last message and on the bottom right of the bocx it says "start a conversation". Click on that and then put name of who you want to talk to (can be more than one person ) in and wrote message.
or:
Click on avatar of who you want to talk to and then click again on button "start a conversation" that come sup

eric after you have typed in your message just hit the ...start conversation button...if you like try sending a message to me..as soon as the person you are sending to replies to you type in your reply back and hit the post reply button

lyn

well done eric i am reading you loud and clear...glad i told you right as i am still finding my round round:rolleyes:

hi warren is it poss to have the dividing lines made more prominent in colour in the write your reply box..ie in a darker blue...tends to look as though all the posts run into one...a few members have mentioned this to me

thanks

lyn

I wish to put a painting on 'Original Artwork' , could someone kindly tell me how to go about it step by step please, cannot figure it out. Thanks. Eric

Hi Eric - here is one way of doing it ....
Scroll down the forum list until you see 'Original Artwork'
Click on it.
At lower right on your screen click on 'Post New Thread'
Enter your Thread Title and then type your message text.
Click on the 'Upload a File' button.
A small window will appear which will allow you to search for your painting in your computer.
It pays to know where your painting is stored in your computer before you start.
Click on the painting's file name or thumbnail in the window and it will appear as a small thumbnail below the forums 'Upload a File' button with the word 'Insert' next to it.
Choose whether you want to show a clickable thumbnail or full image and click on the button.
Your image will appear in your post in the thread you have started.

Copy the above text into 'Notepad' etc and print it to have it at hand when you carry out the actions.

Why not practice a few image uploads here in this thread just to get the routine of image file uploads ... it is easier than it was on the old forum. There is also a 'drag and drop' method of inserting images but I haven't listed that.

Thanks Mohawk, will 'have a go' looks easy enough. Eric
Hi Eric - here is one way of doing it ....
Scroll down the forum list until you see 'Original Artwork'
Click on it.
At lower right on your screen click on 'Post New Thread'
Enter your Thread Title and then type your message text.
Click on the 'Upload a File' button.
A small window will appear which will allow you to search for your painting in your computer.
It pays to know where your painting is stored in your computer before you start.
Click on the painting's file name or thumbnail in the window and it will appear as a small thumbnail below the forums 'Upload a File' button with the word 'Insert' next to it.
Choose whether you want to show a clickable thumbnail or full image and click on the button.
Your image will appear in your post in the thread you have started.

Copy the above text into 'Notepad' etc and print it to have it at hand when you carry out the actions.

Why not practice a few image uploads here in this thread just to get the routine of image file uploads ... it is easier than it was on the old forum. There is also a 'drag and drop' method of inserting images but I haven't listed that.

Thanks Oldmohawk, success. Have printed your instructions for future reference. Once I have 'sussed' something out I usually have no further problems. Eric

Is it still the case that you would like us to click on the adverts in this version as we did in the old one?

warren you may have missed it but i posted a query for you on sat on post 89 when you have time

thanks

lyn

Hi Warren,

Viv said I should ask you about messages. I don't seem to be getting any through to my email address which is what used to happen. I should hate to miss anything!

Thanks,

Hi Warren,

Viv said I should ask you about messages. I don't seem to be getting any through to my email address which is what used to happen. I should hate to miss anything!

Thanks,
Have you checked your spam folder just in case?

Also check your preferences in your account page.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    270.7 KB · Views: 7
Warren

How do I get back to seeing the last post first, if you understand what I mean. On this version I'm having to scroll to the bottom of the screen to see the last post made. On the old version there was an option setting so that you could set the positions of posts so the last post made was at the top. I am unable to find that on this version.

Sorry if I have missed it (been away) but, Warren, did you comment further on Phil's query? Can't find it in this thread. This facility always seemed to me the convenient way to view threads (and descending chronological order the inconvenient one) but clearly Phil and I are in a bit of a minority!!

Chris

I suppose we all have different ways of navigating the forum and I use 'Recent Posts' which shows me a list of threads in descending chronological order and which have recently received posts. If I then want to see the last post in any thread I click on the 'time stamp' under the posters name which puts the last post on screen. After reading the post, the back arrow returns me to the 'Recent Posts' screen and I can click any 'time stamp' to see another last post.

Back