• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ww2 postcards

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
img744.jpghi folks having another look through my bits and pieces and came across these 8 postcards depicting the many faces of ww2...the lets all pull together attitude..the devastation and also what i think is sometimes forgotton and thats just how the women played a massive part in the war effort..this of course includes WW1..

womens auxiliary police training at duke street police station

Last edited:
war weapons week..14th to 19th oct 1940..scrap metal piled in foreground..looks to be in front of the hall of memory...

img746.jpg

love this one...

BSA factory small heath..workers all out for the royal visit 18th april 1940

Attachments

• img748.jpg
    img748.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
Great pic my mom worked at the BSA during the war What a wonderful photo I would have loved to know if she was there then

thanks all..they came from a collection called birmingham during the second world war the one of the women at duke st is number 17 but unfortunately i only have 8 of them..

lyn

Last edited:
Back