• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Perry A Royal Fusiliers

casey

knowlegable brummie
I wonder if you could help me.I have two medals.I believe them to be a British War Medal and Victoria Medal dated 1914-1919-1920.The medals have on the edge written T4-213133 PTE. A Perry.A.S.C. Did medals have information to whom they were presented or can you enlighten me.Many Thanks, Casey

Casey,

Yours was given to :

Albert Perry
Regiment or Corps:Army Service Corps, Northamptonshire Regiment, Royal Fusiliers
Regimental number:T4/213133, 46696, GS/65878

Kaz

Thank you for the infomation. Now i have to some how find out if thats where he was living and if he belongs to a side of the family with the name perry of which i am not having very much success with.I know they were living in birmingham in 1906.Pherhaps this is why i cant find them because they didnt orriginate from birmingham.May i ask you where you got info and would there be other information on records for him.Once again thank you.

Casey,
Got the info from Ancestry.
Looked for other service or pension records using regimental numbers but no Perry showed up...unfortunately.

Kaz

sniper_tlc.jpg

cwgc_hdr_trc.gif

Casualty Details

Name:pERRY, ALBERTInitials:ANationality:United KingdomRank:privateRegiment/Service:Royal FusiliersUnit Text:24th Bn.Age:21Date of Death:25/04/1918Service No:65878Additional information:Son of Mrs. Annie Perry, of 9, St. Silas Square, Church St., Lozells, Aston, Birmingham.Casualty Type:Commonwealth War DeadGrave/Memorial Reference:I. C. 5.Cemetery:BERLES NEW MILITARY CEMETERY

Back