• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WW1 Look up for Charles William Page

Phil , there is a death in Holywell Flint in 1969 of a Gertrude Harley Mendoza born 1895,what is the chance of 2 Gertrude Harleys born 1895.
Cannot find a Gertrude married to Mendoza. May even be worth getting the death certificate to see who the informant was.

Phil

There are 3 possible births for a Charles William Page in Bham looking around mid 1890s

1) Charles William Page 1892
2) Charles William Page 1895
3) Charles William M Page 1898

I think the Charles William we have been tracking on here, ie the driver in the ASC is the 3rd above option because his father was Charles Andrew M Page (on his marriage entry).

Now in 1922 living at 13 Alfred Place, Osler Street is: Charles Andrew, Annie Maria, Charles William & Catherine Page. I believe this Catherine Page is Charles William's wife. I have found a marriage entry in the Armed Forces BMD: Charles William M Page to Katherine S Schley in 1921 in Cologne, Germany. Reference page 362. Perhaps if you sent to the General Registry Office for this certificate it would say if Charles William was a bachelor or widow/divorced? The station (army?) is Koln.

Suzanne

From 1927 - 1935 Charles William Martin & Katherine Page are at 190 Witton Lodge Road, Erdington

NB Katherine is spelled with a C & K on the entries and Charles includes the MARTIN in 1935

Suzanne

Strange that the Court Order is in 1921, the same as the marriage year?

Thanks to all,

I'll have to review all the information you have kindly given me, to decide where I go from here.

It would have been nice to get hold of Charles William Page's service record, I'm sure there would have been more information here. Never mind, you can't have every thing!

Thanks again
Phil

Also Charles William Page
1920 - 13 Alfred Place Osler Street, Ladywood - 497357 Bin., 2/13 Lon. Regt.
1921 - 13 Alfred Place, Osler Street - M/18795 L/Cpl., R.A.S.C

Suzanne
Hi Suzanne, I know this an old thread but I was wondering if you could double check for me this information you found either on the Electoral Rolls or Absent voters list for my Grandfather. The 497357 number you gave me apparently belongs to a Henry Hunt 1/13 Batt. London Regt and not Charles Page and the other number is also in doubt because it's only 5 digits, it's normally 6 digits, so I've been told.
Thanks
Phil

Hi Phil,

I have had another look and the listings for Charles William Page and they are as follows:

1918 Ladywood Rotton Park Ward - Charles William Page 13 Alfred place M/279643, MT, ASC OSLER STREET
1919 Ladywood Rotton Park - Charles William Page 13 Alfred place M/279643, M.T A.S.C., 1st Bn. OSLER STREET
1920 This only states his name and address, Charles William Page, 13 Alfred Place, Osler St. (No reg. no. given)
1921 Ladywood Charles William Page 13 Alfred Place M/18795 L/Cpl., R.A.S.C. OSLER STREET

Not too sure why I didn't give you the 1918-1919 listings before. Hope this helps.

Suzanne

Not too sure why I didn't give you the 1918-1919 listings before.....
Suzanne
Hi Suzanne, Thanks for this. You did give me the other listings before on a previous post. It was just the other two numbers that I needed confirming.
Thanks again
Phil

Back