• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WW1 Centenary exhibition Olton Library

subotone

'OLDBILL'
Hi For those who are interested there is to be an exhibition at Olton Library Warwick Rd Olton Solihull from Thursday 23rd, to Monday 27th April 2015. The exhibition includes a display of WW1 memorabilia including battlefield relics, posters and information regarding Birmingham during the Great War including information on the Royal Warwickshire Regiment from the Dave Vaux collection. Also included is a display from the West Midlands Fire Service Heritage Group regarding men from Birmingham Fire Brigade and their role in the fighting during WW1. There will also be a chance for you to locate family members recorded on local war memorials from Birmingham. For further information including opening hours please contact Olton Library. Hope to see you there.

There will also be an Ancestry Coffee morning on Saturday 25th April at Olton Library Warwick Road Solihull plus our Old Bones Family History Group will be researching their trees in the Library. Do come and join us for what will be a very interesting weekend :)

Hi

For those of interest in the Royal Warwick's & Birmingham Pals Battalions Terry Carter author of the book Birmingham Pals is hopeing to attend Olton Library on Saturday 25th April and will be available to answer questions on these and other Birmingham related WW1 questions. Hope to see you there.

Thank you Subotone for the above information. My husband and I went along on Saturday and greatly enjoyed the Exhibition especially as we spent time talking to Terry Carter and Dave Vaux about 1/8th Battalion Royal Warwickshire Regiment of which my father-in-law was a member.
pathayward

Hi Pathayward

Thank you for your post. We hope to see you again. I will let the forum no of future events.

Subotone

Back