• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WW1 Birmingham Employers Roll of Honour City of Birmingham Gas Department

RobertS

master brummie
Hello folks

Does anyone know where I can access the WW1 Birmingham Employers Roll of Honour for the City of Birmingham Gas Department?

I'm looking for John Thomas Johnston (or Johnstone) born 1892 who worked for the Gas Company.

Cheers.

Sorry I added another link while you were posting. I had assumed you meant WW1 and those names from WW2 are not listed.

I have looked back to see where I got the reference to WW1 Birmingham Employers Roll of Honour for the City of Birmingham Gas Department. It was in relation to the brother of John Johnston, James Percy Johnstone who also worked for the Gas Department and came from Terry Carter

Hello folks

Does anyone know where I can access the WW1 Birmingham Employers Roll of Honour for the City of Birmingham Gas Department?

I'm looking for John Thomas Johnston (or Johnstone) born 1892 who worked for the Gas Company.

Cheers.
The Birmingham Gas Board War Memorial
Hello folks

Cheers.
Hi
The Birmingham Gas Board WW1 War Memorial is now in storage. John Thomas Johnston is not on this memorial. If John survived WW1 dying in 1947 his name would not be on the memorial as he wasn't a casualty between 1914-1919. He is not listed in the Section of the memorial with the names from WW2 this may be because the names were put on before he died 1947 !!

Hope this helps

Tony

Back