• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WW1 Army Information

Jackieb422ag

proper brummie kid
Can anyone help please. I know that my uncle served in the First World War, but had no information regarding his regiment. However, I have just found him on the Absent Voters Index which states George William MOORE 60263 Pte 2/1 RNDC Co Hussars. Does anyone know the full title of the regiment? I would be grateful for any information. Thanks.

Thanks Mand for the info. I've tried Ancestry but there's no record of him in the WW! Army Pensions or Service Records, although they haven't finished entering the M's yet on the Service Records. Then I have to hope his details have survived and are in the 'burnt documents'. There's also no trace in the Medal Rolls both on Ancestry or the National Archives. Our ancestors certainly don't make it easy do they in trying to trace them. Thanks anyway for your suggestions.

Sorry you didn't find what you were looking for. I know how you feel, i have a medal with a name and number on it and if it wasn't for that i would wonder if the poor guy ever existed.

Try https://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums they may be able to help you with regiment info.

Back