• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wounded

what more can i say?? my son has seen active duty in ,ireland twice and iraq..thank god he is all in one piece apart from a leg injury .he is due back to afghanistan 2010,if hes fit enough .i read in bham mail about the spineless .thugs who taunted the poor soldier out in his whellchair buying fish and chips in selly oak..all i hope is they find the ******** and put them on the front line with the rubbish equipment our boys fight with and well see just how big and brave they are then .this applies to any thug roaming the streets and preying on those weaker than themselves ..straight onto the front line teach them what men are really like .phew!!! i feel better now.

Sandralacy and Winston, I have been told that it would be waste of time trying to get to see this unfortunate man. I have been in contact with my friend whose sone is an R.S.M. His son is on leave at the moment but is preparing to go back to Helmand Province in a few weeks time. My friend asked his son what could we do to get to see this man and he replied 'Nothing'. In his opinion they are well looked after both medically and personally. He thinks the best way to help is to vent your anger in the newspaper. This will show the guttersnipe what we think of him and reassure the wounded man in hospital.

People are rightly angry about the spineless yobs who taunted the wounded squaddie but as an ex member of the forces I am dead against putting those responsible for the taunts or for that matter anyone into the forces on a compulsory basis...The simple reason is we have a totally 100% volunteer and professional Navy, Army and Air Force...none of the three forces deserve to have their reputations soiled by having people who are totally unworthy of wearing a military uniform amongst them. Lads and lasses of all three services, you prove time and time and time again that today's young Brits are with a few exceptions, dedicated, loyal, brave and proud to serve

Fully agree Col...the military is not a social dustbin,we have the best lets keep it that way.
However,they do need some form of discipline,military style custody would be a move in the right direction.Very few ever went back for a second dose,even real hard cases,would cry.:cry:

I agree entirely with both of you, but this attitude from yobs, idiots and scumbags will never improve under the present system. While they are commiting minor crime and being a pain and an unwanted expence for all taxpayers, abusing alcohol and or drugs they are labelled as 'VULNERABLE'. As such they are afforded more help from the authorities than you would believe. In my opinion this has the effect of making them worse. A good session of hard labour for a few months would stop a lot of it much earlier before it becomes a way of life.
I repeat that this brave unfortunate man, after all his medical operations is more of a man than the culprit will ever be.

I was not meaning enrol them as soldiers /sailors or pilots etc but to see what real men are .and to see first hand what real men do to keep this country and others safe from the likes of the trash that walk this earth mainly as a lesson if you get my meaning...none of them would be deserving of a uniform.

Why not reinstate the Borstal Institutions ? I thionk that would have the desired effect.

Old Boy

better still adopt the american way ...camps in the desert and hard labour ..ok we got no deserts in uk but similar sites on moorland miles from anywhere maybe...there are too many do gooders making puny excuses for the thugs ..i was one of 8 children poor as church mice and we knew hunger and cold but we didnt go on to beat old ladies /gents senseless for a few pounds..too much too soon these days..

National Service is not the way Sandra.The military doesn't want them and volunteers are best.When people suggest conscription,they usually follow it up with it never hurt anyone... well,It hurt those who were killed in Korea,Malaya,Cyprus,Aden,Suez,Borneo,Kenya and other places,probably still hurts the family's they left behind.Nah,don't trust politicians,with young lives.
They have the powers in force to punish offender's...they just need to apply them.

hi all
I have written to the soldier in question and reiterated that there are millions out here who are proud of his sacrifice, and those of his comrads and condem totally the mindless few who are a minority in our society. I am sure if you did the same it would help the pain inflicted not only on him, but his family, his poor mother already traumatised with the damage done to her bueatiful son now has this burden to carry around. It is in fact another form of terrorisom, just as insideus and dangerous as the people in Afgan and pakistan. This should also be crushed and smashed by force, also it is the lack of people who are so terrified of their own well being, that they cannot step in and say enough is enough.
paul stacey

hi all
I agree with ray but we have to go back to a time that when you broke the parameters of decency and socially acceptable actions, you were punished and punished severley until we get back to a time when someone comes out of prison on their knees swearing never to go back there again nothing will change.
paul stacey

There you go Paul...the glasshouse...break the spirit...your large back pack filled with rubble.. worn at all times.A shower on a winters morning,a queue of squaddies...cold water...10 seconds to get wet..10 seconds to soap up...10 seconds to rinse off...anyone who needed longer must have been insane.Oh,happy day's.:cry:
Not many repeat offenders them day's.:)

hi ray
did it when I was young and supervised it later, not sure weather did me harm or good, but we all had to do it, had a mate who went to borstal at 14yrs, as far as I am aware never did anything wrong again.
regards
paul

Back