• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

World War Two Posters

O

O.C.

During World War two hundreds of posters came out for information purposes as well as to inform people what was going on and not what to do as well as advertise for Workers etc
I am trying to stick to British Posters only in this section

A poster they used on the railways "Is your journey really necessary

Replacement image

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep mum

Replacement image

image.jpeg

The war on waste and what YOU can do

Replacement image, may vary from original

image.jpeg

Don't do it and careless talk
The last poster is intresting because Cadbury switched over to War production in WW2 as a shadow factory which made munitions

Not all the posters that you have just seen where small handbills, most of them appeared on advertising boards. in this photo above a shop in High St. Harbourne 1941 you can see an RAF pilot and the words "You can help build me a plane"

Brilliant collection, crommie... keep 'em coming. O0 But be careful cos "The walls have ears". ::)

Now that one was the next one coming, So keep mum,careless talk costs lives

Dig It

image.jpeg

Great to see them, some years back a Newspaper was reproducing them and I've about 10 but to see more nice  O0

R.A.F.

Replacement image, may vary from original.

image.jpeg

ATS

image.jpeg

Keep it under your hat

Replacement image
image.jpeg

Keep Mum

Replacement image, may vary from original.

image.jpeg

Sylvia I got a lot of them from a CD I got which also has 100's of USA posters on but I dont want to show any of them on this thread
Photo was taken in Coleshill St in the 40's you can just see half a War poster

Back