• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Workhouse infirmary

Rich and sabina

Hi all, my nan was born in the workhouse infirmary in 1897,does anyone know if any records exist for the infirmary on western road, her birth cert only lists her mothers name and i wonder if her mother was in the workhouse, she was recorded as a hingemaker, thanks, rich

Hi all, my nan was born in the workhouse infirmary in 1897,does anyone know if any records exist for the infirmary on western road, her birth cert only lists her mothers name and i wonder if her mother was in the workhouse, she was recorded as a hingemaker, thanks, rich
If you have not already seen it the following thread might be of interest .... :)
Some of the links in it are out of date but quite a few photos visible.

hi rich...cant be certain but if only your nans mothers name was on her birth cert it sounds like her mother was a single parent especially as there is no fathers name on the cert...you could contact birmingham library to see if records still exist but i dont think they do...but again not certain

lyn

Thanks, this is what i thought, my mum says my nan had a baby sister but i cant find any birth record of this, we dont know what happened to my nans mum, she was brought up we believe by her old aunt

maybe if you post under the surname interest section of the forum giving your nans name and her mothers name and dates or years of when and where born if known some of our members love to help others if they hit brick walls...any info you have could be useful

lyn

Back