• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

WORDS .

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
I WATCH YOUR SLEEPING FACE,
CAUGHT IN SOFT FOCUS
BY THE GENTLE STAR LIGHT.
HANDS IN SURRENDER NOW
ABOVE YOUR HEAD,
BABY BREATH MARKING TIME
IN THIS QUITE GLOOM.
WHAT DREAMS DRIFT
BEHIND YOUR SLEEPING EYES ,
CAUGHT AND COCOONED WITHIN YOUR GROWING MIND,
SEEDING IN TIME TO BURST
LIKE A RIPENING FLOWER ,
SCATTERING YOUR LOVING WORD
THROUGH OUT THE WORLD.
RESTLESS NOW IN SLEEP
YOU SEEK YOUR MOTHER ,S HAND
IN A CARELESS TANGLE OF LIMBS
YOU STRETCH ON THE RUSTLING STRAW,
WHILE THE WORLD WAITS FOR YOU ,
THE PROMISE ONE .

Astonian! That is beautiful...
I could almost see it.

and, stangely, I have just been watching some similar thoughts on TV (The Heaven and Earth Show), about the very humanity of it all, and the difficulties.

But that captured the beauty of what is between mother and child, which I have been priviledged to personally experience twice and know it is true.
Thankyou.

My mom said I used to sleep (as a baby) with hands above my head...and my 13 year old daughter did on Friday night when she fell into an exhausted sleep on the bed behind me after she had been sick.
It is a lovely thought, describing that as surrender.

Back