• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Woolley Henry 1856

Henry Woolley Born 1856
Married Emma?
Children
Harry 1895
Married Ellen Zilpha Parkins @ St John Deritend Bimingham
Living At 2 Back 23 Vaughton Street

Re: Henry Woolley 1856

Hi Wendy,

There is a marriage in December Quarter 1875:

Hill Emma Kings N. 6c 759
Woolley Henry Kings N. 6c 759

The 1881 census records:

Civil Parish: Aston
County: Warwickshire
Address: 3 Bk 65 Green Street

Ref: RG 11 Piece 3012, Folio 123, Page 11

Henry Woolley, Head, Married, 25, Locksmith, Birmingham
Emma Woolley, Wife, Married, 25, Birmingham
Emma Woolley, Daughter, 5, Birmingham
Harriett Woolley, Daughter, 4, Birmingham
James Woolley, Son, 3, Birmingham

The 1871 census records three entries for Emma Hill born 1856 +/- one year born Birmingham:

Emma Hill, Born 1855, Father William, Mother Mary Ann Residence Manchester, Lancashire
Emma Hill, Born 1856, Mother Mary Ann, Residence Aston, Warwickshire
Emma Hill, Born 1856, Father Charles K, Mother Mary A, Residence Aston, Warwickshire

You should get the birth certificate of one of the kids to confirm the surname of Emma but it would appear to be a very high probability of Hill.

Doug

Re: Henry Woolley 1856

Here are the family in 1891 Census - Alcester St and Vaughton Street actually run into each other....
Aston -Warwickshire
Civil Parish: Aston
Ecclesiastical Parish: Holy Trinity
Address: 20 Crt 1 Hse Alcester St
Surname First name(s) Rel Status Sex Age Occupation Where Born
WOOLEY Henry Head M M 32 Locksmith(Em'ee) Warwickshire - Birmingham
WOOLEY Emma Wife M F 33 Warwickshire - Birmingham
WOOLEY Emma Dau S F 16 At Home Warwickshire - Birmingham
WOOLEY Harriet Dau S F 14 Brush Maker(Em'ee) Warwickshire - Birmingham
WOOLEY James Son - M 13 Warehouse Boy(Em'ee) Warwickshire - Birmingham
WOOLEY Florence Dau - F 9 Scholar Warwickshire - Birmingham
WOOLEY Lillie Dau - F 5 Scholar Warwickshire - Birmingham
WOOLEY Sarah Dau - F 7 Scholar Warwickshire - Birmingham
WOOLEY Mary Dau - F 2 Warwickshire - Birmingham
WOOLEY Sarah Sislaw S F 22 Tin Solderer(Em'ee) Warwickshire - Birmingham

Po, :angel:

Ellen Zilpha Parkins b1898 Bham daughter of David William Parkins and Jessie Jeffery (m1896).

David William Parkins a Brass Caster was born 1875, birthplace variously listed as Oxford, Sapesham (Northants) & Syresham (Nortants). Registered Brackley.

Thank you for your reply, i see most threads ended years ago and was assuming this would never be picked up!
for a good few weeks ive been researching my grandads history for him, Its a suprise so theres not much i can ask him without him knowing what im upto! Ellen Z Parkins was his aunt, and yes your correct David and Jessie were his grandparents. I'm not quite sure what im looking for now. I just keep looking hoping ill find something fascinating!

I always find how much people used to move around surprising and fascinating. And wonder why they chose to move to the place they moved to.

It appears that some of your relative fall into this category. However, Jessie Jeffery's family seem to have lived in Bham for some time.

It's also possible that despite his age David William Parkins enlisted in WWI and his service records seem to have survived. There appear to be service records for his son, of the same name, as well.

Back