• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Woolley Brothers

subotone

'OLDBILL'
Hi

I am trying to find any information on the following brothers from Edgbaston Birmingham. John, Robert, Phillip, Edward, Sidney, Frank & Leonard were the sons of John Francis & Ada Fanny Woolley of 10 Ryland Rd Edgbaston Birmingham.

I do know that Frank a private in the Royal Army Service Corps Died of Wounds at home in August 1918 and is buried in a family plot with his parents at Brandwood Cemetery. Both Phillip & Edward were privates in the 1/5th Royal Warwickshire Regiment landing in France on the 22nd March 1915. Both survived the war.

Well that is as far as I have been able get. My understanding from the 1901 census is that all the brothers would be of military age during the war but I am unable to find any information on them. Any help solving this would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Tony

Hi Tony

Can I ask you a question? What info do you have on Pte James Patrick, No.1781, 2nd Royal Warwicks killed in May 1915.

regards

Terry

Terry,
The only info I have is that he is mentioned in the Bham Roll of Honour. Now one for you. In your book page 91 you have a picture of Frank Woolley 2nd Bham Pals. I have recently bought his medals and was wondering if you had any additional information on him. Hope to see you soon.

Tony

Hi Tony

Its been a few years now. If I remember right, I went round to see his son who was then living around Stirchley way. He was a pensioner then. I had a couple of photos from him. Cannot remember much else, to be honest.

Cheers

Terry

Back